Rush Limbaugh Now Under Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Q Cubed
    and the point still remains: did cosell link the overrated yankees to the incindenary subject of race?
    Not that I can recall. The race issue came up with Ali and the NFL. Cosell, IIRC, was among the first to actually talk about the bias against black quarterbacks by the NFL. He interjected race into sports and was not fired.
    http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed
      thought it was oxycontin that he was buying...? ah well.
      From the ABC story,

"The sources said Thursday that authorities are looking into the illegal sales of prescription drugs OxyContin and hydrocodone."

From the article quoted above,

"It is the combination of acetaminophen and hydrocodone that seems to cause hearing loss, though scientists don't yet know how."
      http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Perhaps Limbaugh out to sue!

Comment

Wrongful Termination... he should...
          Monkey!!!

Comment

I'm sure Rush will have plenty of time to explain his theories about being tough on crime while his cellmate is bending him over one of those stainless steel prison toilet/sink combos.

Hopefully a stint in prison will make Rush more sympathetic to the "homosexual agenda".
            - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
            - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
            - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

The Templar, Rush has lost his hearing because of this. Would you punish him further just because he is a conservative?

Comment

Originally posted by Ned
                The Templar, Rush has lost his hearing because of this. Would you punish him further just because he is a conservative?
                Rush has consistently encouraged rough treatment of drug criminals. If he is one, then he should pay the high price he has advocated for others.
                - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
                - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
                - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

Originally posted by The Templar

Rush has consistently encouraged rough treatment of drug criminals. If he is one, then he should pay the high price he has advocated for others.
                  I am not sure of your statement is true, at least currently. If he himself became addicted and continued to call for imprisonment of the addicted, then so be it. He should be jailed. But typically we do not jail the addicted on a first offense, but simply fine them, put them on probation and ask them to go to a drug rehab center. Rush should have this right as well, shouldn't he?

Comment

Ned, I doubt Limbaugh used painkillers then lost his hearing. It's more likely, by what the maid said regarding timing, that he was having ear problems and then began using painkillers.

I am not sure of your statement is true, at least currently.
                    He has been a vocal proponent of the drug war. I remember an interview he did for Playboy magazine and he was asked if he had ever used pot and he said he had. He was then asked if he felt he should have been punished for using pot - which is what he advocates for others - and he said no. Why? Get this, because he was a conservative who was experimenting. I kid you not, that is what he said.

If he himself became addicted and continued to call for imprisonment of the addicted, then so be it. He should be jailed. But typically we do not jail the addicted on a first offense, but simply fine them, put them on probation and ask them to go to a drug rehab center. Rush should have this right as well, shouldn't he?
                    Let him spend a weekday/weekend in jail first, that's the minimum done to others who use drugs in most jurisdictions. No, that's too easy, give him whatever the punishment is in Texas! Actually, I don't want him punished at all because it's immoral to punish people for exercising their freedom, that's what these phony conservatives like Rush can't figure out when they're telling us how they believe in freedom while those evil liberals dont. But I can already see his apologists like Bill O'Reilly and Joe Scarborough spinning this matter, oh poor Rush, he was in pain and got addicted to painkillers. He deserves our sympathy, not our scorn. Where are these ******* hypocrites when people are jailed for using medical pot? They're putting them in the cages. **** 'em!

Comment

Oh, btw, we'll see if Rush is the snake he seems to be. He's said he'll cooperate in any way he can. If that's true, then he really is a despicable piece of sh!t. Oops, I mean a rat. For someone to use drugs and then turn their supplier in is slimy, but if he merely bought them from the maid (after pressuring her), then he probably had no contact with the suppliers. If he was using drugs, that's tells me nothing about his character. If he turns on others, that speaks volumes.

Comment

I have been conducting a little research on this and low and behold I think I found out why Rush may have been taking hydrocodone. This is a remedy for Restless Leg Syndrome, something that Rush has been making fun of for years.

Below are some links.

Also, I heard that Florida has a mandatory 15 year sentence if a person has a certain number of grams of hydrocodone. This could be either 20 or 200 pills, I do not remember which. But the story is that Rush would hand a cigar box of money to his maid and receive a cigar box of pills in return. This could be enough to put Rush behind bars for 15 years.

Link to hydrocordone as a remedy:

"I am a 46 year old male who has suffered from RLS for many years. It started with occasional symptoms in the legs when sitting still or when trying to sleep. Doctors had no explanation for it and I just figured it was that bowl of ice cream or piece of chocolate I had before I went to bed or something else. After recovering from a bulged disk in my back in April of 2000 I began to get RLS symptoms in my arms and legs constantly. Thus began the long roller coaster ride to find out what was wrong. I would probably have to write a book to share my experience of being mistreated and misdiagnosed by Doctors and Neurologists and will perhaps share this in a letter later. In August of 2000 my wife found the RLS Foundation and finaly I was able to get on the right track and end up at a sleep disorder clinic who understood what I was going through. I have tried many medications, Sinemet worked the best but I began to rebound. I ended up taking Hydrocodone. At first it was not what I wanted to do but it worked great and once I got comfortable with the effects of Hydrocodone and the effects have diminished greatly over time I have no RLS symptoms and I get a good nights sleep."

"Date: Fri, 24 Oct 97 11:10:51 -0700

Came across your RLS page today and wanted to thank you for the information. Nice to know I'm not alone. I started to have the problem when I was around 50 years old, I'm now 56. I have been using carbidopa/levodopa 25/100mg one tablet before bedtime and found it to be very effective, very seldom do I have the problem during the daytime.

Add me to your list of happy users of Carbidopa/Levodopa 25/100

Again thanks for your web page.

P.S. I became aware of many people having this problem when I was tuned to the Rush Limbaugh radio program. In his own way he is making people aware of this problem...even if he does make fun of it the word is getting out ...we should all send him a thank you note...a nice thank you note.

Barry K.

Medical Reply

Thanks for your note. Sinemet (carbidopa/levodopa) can be a very good drug for RLS. If you need more of it in the future, please try to stay under 3 per day"

The RLS site

Comment

I have restless legs after a round of golf, he won't get time, he's too powerful.

Comment

Hmm...Ned, you may be right. On Keith Olberman tonight, he said the maid claimed Limbaugh began using these painkillers about 4 years ago and went deaf 2 years ago. He may be one of the unlucky "few"...

Comment

This is tragic.

Comment

Working...
                              X