Baseball Playoffs - Oct 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's going on in the Cubs game?

ESPN's gamecast says its 2-1 Cubs, top 8.

But their crawl at the top of the page says 3-1 Cubs bottom eight.

There appears to be quite a delay between the two.
    Old posters never die.
    They j.u.s.t..f..a..d..e...a...w...a...y....

Comment

CUBS WIN

CUBS WIN

CUBS WIN
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

That's all I really need to know
        Old posters never die.
        They j.u.s.t..f..a..d..e...a...w...a...y....

Comment

One more win, just one more win, Cubbies...

I fear a 1984 turnaround though
          Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
          ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Wood will be back if we need game 5...

CUBS WIN

CUBS WIN

CUBS WIN
            I'm consitently stupid- Japher
            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

A small crowd of Cubs fans went "wild" at the local Jaxonville BW3 sports bar tonight!
              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I hope its going to be cub V sox World series. I dont think cub fans would disagree w/ me (consideing the history of sox's performance ). Well actually, I wouldnt complain as long as I dont see them yanks and rednecks (braves) in the series.
                :-p

Comment

Is Mark Prior the second coming of Jesus?
                  If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Is Mark Prior the second coming of Jesus?

It would certainly make sense, seeing as how a Cubs victory in the World Series would mark the beginning of Armageddon.
                    KH FOR OWNER!
                    ASHER FOR CEO!!
                    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Through two... the game remains scoreless...

GO CUBS!
                      Keep on Civin'

Comment

Cubs drew first blood... and Atlanta tied it up in the top of Fourth... 1 - 1 with the Cubs batting in the bottom of the inning.
                        Keep on Civin'

Comment

Cubs are down 4 - 2...

But on a play at first base... Robert Fick took out Karos's arm for no reason. A dirty and gutless play. Karo's wasn't in the way, and as Fick was approaching running to first with Karos catching the throw... he raised his left hand and took out Karo's glove arm... There is no reason for this kind of crap in baseball and I hope the comish's office reviews the play and fines and suspends him. While sliding hard at second... or trying to jar the ball loose on plays at the plate is good hard baseball... this play had nothing to do with good baseball and was just a cheap shot.

If he bats again again a cub pitcher... I wouldn't be surprised if he gets some high fast balls VERY INSIDE.
                          Keep on Civin'

Comment

6-2 Braves. God, I hate Larry.

EDIT: 6-3. That's the second-best way for the Cubs to get revenge for Fick's cheapshot... have Karros jack another one out of the park.
                            CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
                            Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
                            Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
                            Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

So true... But I still hope MLB takes some action against Fick...
                              Keep on Civin'

Comment

6-4 Atlanta - no outs...

Cubs haven't come back after the 8th yet this year though
                                Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
                                ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Working...
                                X