Do you like Master of Orion 2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
    No, I never really liked it. Was hoping for a Civ in space type of game and was dissapointed.
    And instead, they tried working with dinosaurs -- to no avail.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by Rex Little
      By "emperor level" I think pchang meant Impossible. The Creative pick is extremely helpful at any level of difficulty. I don't know, but I suspect the Repulsive pick is less harmful at Impossible than at lower levels, because the computer players are inclined to turn on you anyway.
      But with repulsive you can't trade techs, and leaders are really expensive and don't come as often.
      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

MoO2 got me into the genre.
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

It's an excellent game all in all. I got at least a thousand times better return on my money with MOO2 than Civ 3.
          He's got the Midas touch.
          But he touched it too much!
          Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

I like it and still play it!

Carolus

Comment

I like the original better.
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I like it and I would still play it,
                if you could tweak the game so that you can have a bigger map and a much higher Max-Number of Starsystems.
                Sad thing that they didn´t include some kind of .ini-File where you could alter the max-Numbers

(You can do some limited things by using an Editor, i.e. you can tweak the Star Systems so they have more Planets, but your chances of getting more Star Systems are very limited (you just are able to turn some Star Systems which turned by chance nto Black Hols into Stars again, but it doesn´t give you more than maybe 5 - 10 Systems at all and is hard work as you have to change the systems one by one).

A really great thing would be of course, if they publish the Sourcecodes for MOO2 (just as the Publishers of CtP intend to do with CtP2 )
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Moo2 is an Infogrames/Atari game so I have some doubts about them ever releasing the code.

Comment

I played MoO2 for a while, and it was 'Ok'. But I got it so far after the fact, that it was just too dated for my tastes.

I also didn't like the research scheme.

Comment

Working...
                    X