X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you like Master of Orion 2?

Want to try a demo game with it? Let your voice be heard at:

I did

but, it was a little too easy to win after I learned the game. It was kind of fun boarding and capturing antaran raiders though. While the computer players were just starting to spread out, I would be blasting them with particle beams.
    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

True. I've never played a DG before so I'm thinking this will be a bit more of a challenge because I won't be able to take my comfy paths straight through.

Comment

Maybe

but MOO2 is such a well known game that most people will probably recognize optimal strategies and I doubt there will be too much dissension.
        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

Comment

Oh, I don't know. I can be a real horse's *** when it comes to negotiating and it may be worth it to take an occassional dive just to make things interesting.

Comment

OK - a test

At emperor level
            How important is the Creative Pick?
            How bad is the minus for the Repulsive Pick?

Comment

I liked MOO2 a lot, but I never got nearly as good at it as I got at CivII or CivIII. I didn't even know of 'poly or any other game forums when I was playing MOO2.

In short, I'm sure that compared to people here, I suck horribly at MOO2.

If memory serves, I almost always used a creative, democratic, +1 ind race with a large homeword or something like that. Build up, build up, build up, KILL EVERYTHING!

-Arrian
              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

No, I never really liked it. Was hoping for a Civ in space type of game and was dissapointed.
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

In short, I'm sure that compared to people here, I suck horribly at MOO2.
                  Me, too. I'm playing chess in the Other Games forum and it turns out I suck at it as well. I just stick my pride in my back pocket and play on.

No, I never really liked it. Was hoping for a Civ in space type of game and was dissapointed.
                  I've never played Civ so I couldn't say for sure but I hear Galactic Civilizations is a fairly close match as far as space TBS goes.

Comment

Moo2 did feel kinda like "civ in space" for me. But Galciv (I've fiddled with it on a friend's comp) does have more of a civ feel.

Thing is, the space games just can't quite give you the same feeling, because there is no visible terrain development or other major graphical changes - like your city architecture changing over time and when the city grows past certain sizes. No worker actions, no citizen allocation. I didn't realize it until my friend mentioned it, but that stuff really does add to the ambiance of Civ.

-Arrian
                    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Why would I need the demo when I've still got the game disc?
                      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Re: OK - a test

Originally posted by pchang
                        At emperor level
                        How important is the Creative Pick?
                        How bad is the minus for the Repulsive Pick?
                        There is no emperor level
                        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Good catch

Ha ha

Comment

By "emperor level" I think pchang meant Impossible. The Creative pick is extremely helpful at any level of difficulty. I don't know, but I suspect the Repulsive pick is less harmful at Impossible than at lower levels, because the computer players are inclined to turn on you anyway.
                            "THE" plus "IRS" makes "THEIRS". Coincidence? I think not.

Comment

exactly

Creative - even at impossible pretty much guarantees a win
                              The Repulsive penalty is hardly noticeable since nobody ever likes you anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X