No announcement yet.

Linda Ronstadt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And not one song from the two Trio albums (with Dolly Parton and Emmylou Harris)?
    Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
    And notifying the next of kin
    Once again...

Comment

Ronstadt = Mexican

Comment

Ronstadt = Jerry Brown's old girlfriend
        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Different Drum got my vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Seldon
            Ronstadt = Mexican
            Got a Presidente (at least in name) named Fox, another politician named Bartlett, a friend with last name of Nelson, another with last name of Spohn-Webber, all Mexican.

Not to mention Salma Hayek.

There are all sorts of non-Spanish last names of people here.
            When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

She was born in Tucson, Arizona; but there are Hispanics born every day in the States.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Seldon
                Ronstadt = Mexican
                One of the leaders of the revolts against Spain in South America was called Bernardo O'Higgans. Lotsa Germans and Irish in the Spanish Americas/
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

The songs on the poll are the play list on her 1976 Greatest Hits album -- which I probably could have made a bit clearer in my first post.

It's the only CD of hers I have, though recently I've been considering expanding my collection. Linda is one of the artists that saved 70s music.

Those of you who haven't heard of her -- DOWNLOAD SOMETHING! Maybe go to Amazon and play a few album clips -- anything from the poll will do, although my personal favorites are Long, Long Time and You're No Good. I'm sure you know her, you just don't know it.
                  No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

I'm sure of 2 things.

1) They're jackasses.
                    2) No, they have no relationship with damned fine music.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                    X