No announcement yet.

Man cuts his teenage daughter's throat for no good reason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can define freedom in terms of non-abstract concepts. It's only that such a definition is unnecessarily complex. We have brains for a reason.
    "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
    -Bokonon

Comment

• well of course it is defined! It's the feeling that we get when we gnauraize.... WAIT! this is a good thread. I don't want it to be spoiled.
      urgh.NSFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramo
        You can define freedom in terms of non-abstract concepts. It's only that such a definition is unnecessarily complex. We have brains for a reason.
        You see? that's why I am not sure your axiom is right.
        urgh.NSFW

Comment

• I don't see. I can say freedom is where brains don't send electrical pulses through their bodies to get their ligaments to move in such a way that impedes the movements caused by the electrical pulses sent by the brains of others, etc., etc. But the idea is simpler when you abstract it. The same with happiness - it's simpler to deal with if you abstract the idea.
          "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
          -Bokonon

Comment

• But that's the point. you can explain that good feeling without going into brain function. it's that basic.
            urgh.NSFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Theben

AFAIK America is the only country (maybe Canada as well) where newly arrived immgrants can become nationalized very quickly.
              I believe it takes 5 to 7 years to become eligible for naturalization in the US. Not all types of visas allow one to proceed to the naturalization process. I don't think that someone holding a student visa can be naturalized, he'd have to get another type of visa first.
              "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• Originally posted by Azazel
                Why do you mention happiness in particular?

Seriously, to be precise, it's not happiness, but generally feeling good. Feeling good isn't something that has to be described. But if you want to get into the biochemistry of it, I can.
                pretty shallow morality if ur ultimate goal is to force the production of certain chemicals in your brain. and according to you, only one kind of chemical?

which chemical is it btw?

Comment

Working...
                X