• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YES!!!!!!

I YOU MANNING!!!

GO COLTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Unbelievable game. One of the best I have ever seen. Wow!

I can only hope these two teams meet again in the Super Bowl.
      http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• 21 points in 4 minutes, against the Tampa defense.

If my daughter hadn't come downstairs with insomnia, I would have gone to bed...

That penalty call on Simeon Rice was weird, but apparently the technically correct call. Serves Simeon right for continuing to diss the U. of Illinois by refusing to mention them in his pregame video shot.
        Ash-hole...

Now Tampa learns for real what it's like to have every team on your schedule treating it like their personal Super Bowl game. (For a second there, I actually felt a little sorry for reismark. But it passed... )
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• *bangs head repeatedly against wall*

This will teach me to never, *never* go to bed when an INT return for a touchdown gives you a 21-point lead. (I had no choice... I have the specter of a big exam hovering over me in a little more than an hour.) No, Imran, I don't blame the refs for this one - there is NO WAY the defense should have blown that lead with that little time left.

And of course, I get the double whammy... not only does the D weirdly decide to take the second half and overtime off aside from that INT, but Peyton comes up THREE ****ING POINTS short in my attempt for a miracle comeback against Imran in FF. It's like a nightmare I slept through. God damn the Indianapolis Colts. Damn them to hell.

Now we're gonna see what my boys are really made of.

The Redskins? DEAD next week. D-E-A-D.
          Last edited by reismark; October 7, 2003, 08:52.
          CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
          Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
          Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
          Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

• Nice to see you taking it so well reismark
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I needed an Indy win to win in our money pool.
              I went to bed in disgust with 4 minutes to go.
              Pleasant surprise this morning.

GO INDY.

GO CUBS, GO BOSOX. Make it a magic year.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• This is what I'm talking about.

I've always been a Peyton Manning fan. People keep talking **** about Jake Plummer.

Manning has always been one of the best QB's in the leaque. Finally he gets respect.

If I hear Brett Favre again I'm going to puke.

The commentators still said they wanted Brett Favre last night for come back victories. **** that! Favre might get you 1 or 2 late touchdowns. But he throws too many picks. If I want a QB to get 4 td's in the 4th quarter, Manning is the man.

Comment

• Peyton comes up THREE ****ING POINTS short in my attempt for a miracle comeback against Imran in FF.

WOOOOHOOOO!

Best of both worlds!

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Oh, and:

The NFL upheld the penalty on leaping Simeon Rice, a call that gave the Indianapolis Colts a second chance at a field goal that beat the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in overtime.

Rule 12, Section 3, Article 2 of the 2003 Official Playing Rules of the National Football League defines the unsportsmanlike conduct/leaping penalty as follows:

"Clearly running forward and leaping in an obvious attempt to block a field goal, or try-kick after touchdown and landing on players, unless the leaping player was originally lined up within one yard of the line of scrimmage when the ball was snapped."

So the officials didn't screw up. It's like another 'Tuck' Rule .
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Oh, ****.

The Buccaneers placed Mike Alstott on the injured reserve list today, ending the fullback's season, the Tampa Tribune reports.

Bucs' Alstott out for season with neck injury

TAMPA -- The Buccaneers placed Mike Alstott on the injured reserve list today, with ESPN's John Clayton reporting that the move will end the fullback's season.

Alstott agravated a neck injury in the Buccaneers' 38-35 overtime loss to the Indianapolis Colts.

Alstott started Monday night's game against the Colts, despite sitting out two days of practice to undergo tests last week. The six-time Pro Bowl fullback rushed for 1 yard on three carries and had two receptions for 25 yards before leaving in the second half.

"We will continue feverishly to try to find the specific nature of why this problem persists," Bucs coach Jon Gruden said Saturday.
                      This hurts. This really, really, hurts. In the end, I think it will make Pittman a better RB, but in the short term, we need a great blocker and quickly.
                      CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
                      Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
                      Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
                      Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

• I can't believe that nobody has mentioned this:

If you watched the second field goal attempt in OT, not only did it hit the upright, but a Bucs player also tipped it just a tiny bit. If he hadn't touched it, it would have been wide right. He hit it just enough to bring it back towards the goal post.

Watch the trajectory of the ball.

ACK!
                        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• The reason Rice landed on a Tampa Bay player is that the Tampa Line was forced back by Indy. Had this not happed, Rice would not have commited the foul.

It's almost like the difference between a player running into a kicker or a kicker running into a player. There is contact in both cases, but only one is a foul.

I think the rule should be amended to clarify it so that this kind of thing does not happen again.
                          http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• Manning is just doing it all... and Berz didn't play him against me in the "other" league because he was playing against the Tampa Defense... Instead, he played the Dallas QB

I guess this was Manning's reply to Berzerker... start me NO MATTER WHAT, fool!

Reis had Berz in the Poly League, but he just came short . Our QBs don't get as many points (thank GOD ).

Comment

• The reason Rice landed on a Tampa Bay player is that the Tampa Line was forced back by Indy. Had this not happed, Rice would not have commited the foul.

It's almost like the difference between a player running into a kicker or a kicker running into a player. There is contact in both cases, but only one is a foul.

I think the rule should be amended to clarify it so that this kind of thing does not happen again.

BULL! The rule is meant for the safety of the players. A lot of players got hurt by players trying to block kicks falling on them, especially those who ran a bit and got a 'boost'. So it shouldn't matter if the line was forced back. The rule is meant to protect players, not to prevent an 'advantage'.

Comment

• Now, I've been saying some nice things about Carolina here. But would you believe that three out of the four hosts on HBO's Inside the NFL show pick Carolina to beat Indy at Indy this week? Now, that is really a vote of confidence after Indy's demonstration of execellence at Tampa Bay Monday.

Comment

Working...
                                X