X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The most scary place in the world

Simple question...

I'm thinking the DMZ. I have been having apocalyptic dreams lately

EDIT: The thing about North Korea/South Korea is that it has the potential to erupt into world war III. You have enough firepower there to make the peninsula a dust bowl, you have China (and that island place it wants to invade (the name has escaped me)), Japan, Russia and a not inconsiderable amount of US interests. Pretty big time bomb I think, but is the clock actually ticking?
    North/South Korea DMZ+CCZ
    18.33%
    Kashmir
    1.67%
    West Bank + Gaza
    11.67%
    Iraq
    1.67%
    Iran
    6.67%
    Afghanistan
    1.67%
    Somalia
    16.67%
    elijah's bedroom
    31.67%
    The banana republic
    10.00%
    Last edited by Whaleboy; September 28, 2003, 07:13.
    "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
    "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

The idea is you post what you vote...
    "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison

Comment

Where´s USA in this Poll?
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

...philly!!!

Comment

I voted Somalia.

Not so much because of the violence and all, but for a caucasian like me, I think that is one of the places on Earth, where I'd be the least welcome.

Asmodean
          Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

You wouldn't be very welcome in my bedroom

Comment

Iran isn't too bad, as long as you don't get in trouble with the law.
              CSPA

Comment

China, the fascist bastards.
                KH FOR OWNER!
                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Probably Chechnya. Or the DMZ.

Comment

North/South Korea DMZ is on par with elijah's bedroom !

Comment

Hey, those are all good places.. if you like soldering that is .

Anyway, my answer is the same with Asmodean, all are pretty hairy places but for me as a white guy, I think I'd be downed in Somalia so fast it wouldn't be even funny.
                      In da butt.
                      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

The junction at Fountainbridge can be pretty scary, especially when you're drunk.

Seriously? Kashmir.

Comment

But to be fair, in those places my white butt would be different from the most and there would be a chance of getting downed just the same in most of those places.
                          But I think my chances are better in the rest of the places. But no way I think Somalia is the scariest place in the world, or any of those.. I just have to think hmm..
                          In da butt.
                          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Somalia is pretty dangerous, Pekka.
                            urgh.NSFW

Comment

I know that. That's why I put it the scariest place for me from those on the list!
                              In da butt.

Comment

Working...
                              X