Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has the Bush administration signaled the end of conservatism?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I gave everything I have... If everyone gave everything they have to charity, and to helping others, it still wouldn't be enough. Thus, even with the total lack of greed (everyone giving everything) things will still not be good.
    Monkey!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious
      Charity is not enough. It never will be. That's a fact. Simple as that.
      That doesn't mean you shouldn't do what you can. Giving your time is very important... and can make a difference in people's lives.

Maybe if you actually praticed what you preach you would find that out
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming

That doesn't mean you shouldn't do what you can. Giving your time is very important... and can make a difference in people's lives.

Maybe if you actually praticed what you preach you would find that out
        You don't do what you can. You vote conservative.
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• I give my time and money to help others... as well as paying taxes. You don't do squat... so you being a liberal doesn't really mean anything since a conservative like me does far more to help his fellow man than you do

You seem to be the greedy one here... you give nothing of yourself and expect the government to do it all for you. While others actually do give of their time and money to help others...
          Keep on Civin'

Comment

I give my time and money to help others... as well as paying taxes. You don't do squat... so you being a liberal doesn't really mean anything since a conservative like me does far more to help his fellow man than you do

You seem to be the greedy one here... you give nothing of yourself and expect the government to do it all for you. While others actually do give of their time and money to help others...
            u two have some things in common. u want to help ur fellow man w/ ur time and money, kid wants to help his fellow man w/ ur time and money.

Comment

• @yavoon

Surprisingly right...
              Monkey!!!

Comment

• That sums it up about right
                Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Okay, I looked at it...that gets yavoon back off my ignore list!
                  1011 1100
                  Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• @ yavoon
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Greed is irrelevant to political position? Have I said that already?

I want to devote my life to helping people and I'm a liberal. Big deal, I was the same when I was a conservative years ago. I want to help people because its a nice thing to do, and its a path to a good karma. It has nothing to do with liberalism or conservatism .

Okay, I looked at it...that gets yavoon back off my ignore list!
                      And came shockingly close to getting off mine!
                      Last edited by Whaleboy; October 1, 2003, 15:37.
                      "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                      "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

You need to read it again MrFun...

I stated "and not something a liberal like you should do"

My comment was aimed at rabid, one dimensional, narrow minded liberals who see the world in only black and white, and make BAD gross assumptions about people based soley on political affiliations... not liberals like yourself who view people as individuals and not just as one of the masses who believe in a certain political pov.
                        ok
                        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• NP MrFun... just wanted you to make sure I wasn't abusing all liberals...

And yavoon gets credit for one of the best lines of the week.
                          Keep on Civin'

Comment

NP MrFun... just wanted you to make sure I wasn't abusing all liberals...

And yavoon gets credit for one of the best lines of the week.
                            Ok -- let's make up then, but without the kissing part.
                            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• Re: Has the Bush administration signaled the end of conservatism?

Originally posted by monkspider
                              I think that the Bush Administration has sufficently proved that conservatism just isn't a workable political philosophy. Have recent events sounded the death knell for conservatism?
                              You presume that the Bush administration is a Conservative one? I thought (when I first saw the thread) that you were indicating that Liberals had taken over the Republican party. Well, they have, but my heart still beats so at least there is a conservative somewhere.
                              Read Blessed be the Peacemakers | Read Political Freedom | Read Pax Germania: A Story of Redemption | Read Unrelated Matters | Read Stains of Blood and Ash | Read Ripper: A Glimpse into the Life of Gen. Jack Sterling | Read Deutschland Erwachte! | Read The Best Friend | Read A Mothers Day Poem | Read Deliver us From Evil | Read The Promised Land

Comment

• Originally posted by MrFun
                                Ok -- let's make up then, but without the kissing part.
                                Yes.... no kissing...

Keep on Civin'

Comment

Working...
                                X