Are you unemployed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you unemployed?

I seem to notice that a great many of the regulars (myself included) here at poly are either unemployed or underemployed. I'd like to start a nonscientific poll to see if this is true.

Also how do you explain the poll results?
    No, I am currently unemployed.
    37.68%
    Yes, I have a part time job.
    8.70%
    Yes, I have a temp or contract job.
    15.94%
    Yes, I have a full time perminent job. (I just surf to much on 'poly)
    37.68%
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

No -- I'm a part-time employee through an internship while going for my Master's.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

BTW my own answer is that I was employed but now I am not.

Comment

I posted my answer -- and now I just voted.
        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

i am employed in a TA

I am not sure what that is considered

Jon Miller
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I gues it could be either a temp or part time job. Take your pick.

Comment

I have been looking for a job for about 4 months now. I think I am close to getting a job, but I have thought this before and did not get past jobs. I just interviewed with one place and I am going to a school district to take a test for a computer job. You have to past the test in order to get an interview and that is a week from today.

Does anyone have any tips on taking these types of tests? The postion is a computer tech and I think it will have something to do with computers, but no one I talk to could tell me what the test was on.
              Donate to the American Red Cross.
              Computer Science or Engineering Student? Compete in the Microsoft Imagine Cup today!.

Comment

I am a full-time student, so economically speaking, while I am not gainfully employed, I am not unemployed either.
                "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

I wonder if anyone here on Apolyton is looking for people to hire?
                  Computer Science or Engineering Student? Compete in the Microsoft Imagine Cup today!.

Comment

I have a full time job. I use to post from work on occasions (when I need a short break, but this are usually only one-liners), but right now I'm already at home.

Comment

I teach. Its the fate of all liberal arts majors
                      Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ralph
                        I have a full time job. I use to post from work on occasions (when I need a short break, but this are usually only one-liners), but right now I'm already at home.
                        I wish I had a full time job like you. Why cant I get a job?

Comment

I am unemployed, paradoxically I'm going to work tomorrow.

hmm

I quit my job, but they need someone to cover a shift tomorrow so since I haven't got anything else to do....
                          Hold my girlfriend while I kiss your skis.

Comment

I'm now very much employed, but when I first became a regular poster, I was in the third or fourth month of an eight month "state sponsored vacation".
                            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

I work part-time (around 50 to 100 hours a month), but as that usually net's me £2,500 then I see no need to work more.
                              19th Century Liberal, 21st Century European

Comment

Working...
                              X