Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My school is doing something immoral, is it illegal too?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My school is doing something immoral, is it illegal too?

My school didnt have enough mail boxes for all its students for several years, so what did they do?

Do they make more mail boxes? Of course not! They simply force complete and total strangers to share them! Done this for the last 3 years I've been told.....

I am now sharing a mail box with some girl I have never even met let alone know if I trust with acess to my mail.... you were pre-approved for a credit card? Well your postal box sharer only has to do a fake signature send it in and spend money on your expense! besides a dozen other terrible scenarios I can think of that have happened EVERY year this sharing policy has been in effect.... thoughts?

Is this a snail mail box, or an e-mail box?

If the former, what in the hell kind of a school do you go to? If the latter, then just stop using it. In fact, as far as both are concerned, just stop using it altogether.

Comment

Opening somebody else's mail without their permission is illegal AFAIK.
      If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

meet the girl, strike up a relationship, and get married.

then you won't have this problem.
        B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by FrustratedPoet
          Opening somebody else's mail without their permission is illegal AFAIK.
          Certainly is in this country.
          Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
          Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
          We've got both kinds

Comment

Sharing a regular box.... its a very prestigious school too.

The point isnt that opening someone elses mail is illegal, the point is that the school has a situation where it is VERY easy to do so, and where it has happened many times.

Comment

I doubt you're the only person upset about this. Surely there must be some kind of Student's Union who can put pressure on the school authorities?

It does sound tremendously ****ty.
              If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

It used to be the case that from the moment the post went into the post box to the moment it went through the door of the addressee, then the post was the property of the Queen (or king, but I can't remember that far back) and to tamper with the Royal Mail was a major offence, treated more seriously than other offences that might seem equally trivial. Maybe it still is the case, but since the Consignia rebranding then maybe it's not considered Royal Mail any more.

Comment

Call the Post Office. Go to the source.
                  It would seem illegal to me.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Vesayen
                    .... its a very prestigious school too.
                    Then they should be able to afford more mailboxes...

Comment

I don't think there are laws saying that only one person or entity can lay claim to a mailbox. It is, however, illegal for anyone else to open or read your mail.

My school (Whittier College) had a similar problem (too few mailboxes), so they held a bunch of student mail in the post office, and students had to pick it up during certain hours by showing I.D. God, I hope they've fixed that by the time I go back in the spring.
                      the good reverend

Comment

Is the school "required" to give you a mail box?
                        Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                          Is the school "required" to give you a mail box?
                          if you live on campus, yes.

ves, just make a scene about it. call the post office, tell them whats happening, and how you feel about it. if they don't help you, just b1tch and moan until someone listens
                          "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                          - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Re: My school is doing something immoral, is it illegal too?

Originally posted by Vesayen
                            My school didnt have enough mail boxes for all its students for several years, so what did they do?

Do they make more mail boxes? Of course not! They simply force complete and total strangers to share them! Done this for the last 3 years I've been told.....

I am now sharing a mail box with some girl I have never even met let alone know if I trust with acess to my mail.... you were pre-approved for a credit card? Well your postal box sharer only has to do a fake signature send it in and spend money on your expense! besides a dozen other terrible scenarios I can think of that have happened EVERY year this sharing policy has been in effect.... thoughts?
                            I would go down to the post office or someother place that rents mail boxes and get your own. I believe that there is no law against this.
                            Donate to the American Red Cross.
                            Computer Science or Engineering Student? Compete in the Microsoft Imagine Cup today!.

Comment

my college did this to some people

my grad school does not do it (to the graduates)

Jon Miller
                              Jon Miller-
                              I AM.CANADIAN
                              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Working...
                              X