Damn those Telemarkerters!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah that's right .

Sorry, I've had a bit to drink tonight .
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
      You got it from me.
      Counter-revolutionary Che!!!!

I think it's definetly true .
      Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
      Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

And you don't think the American revolution founding fathers were intellectuals?
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

The people who started the revolution certainly weren't. The people who co-opted the revolution, however, were.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

End threadjack
            Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
            Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Well I think the people that started the revolution were guided by intellectuals. The Boston smarties were able to push the firebrands.

Comment

Wow, that vote is insane... it's nice to see that our government can actually take action when it really matters.

I'm not sure whether or not I'm serious.

Comment

That isn't going to win you ANY prizes for predicting how judges will rule. Your explaination is inadequate because the judge ruled that the admin rule was inadequate because the agency expanded its bounds (Congress gave the right to create a Do-Not-Call List to another agency). But you didn't even read why the judge ruled the way he did, did ya?
                  First, I wasn't aware we were in a competition to predict the actions of judges. And second, I did read the ruling and I'm aware the judge didn't say bureaucrats lack the authority to pass laws...I said they lack that authority (you didn't even read my post )...and they do because the Constitution authorises only the Congress to write laws...

I merely applauded the judge for putting some restraint on bureaucrats.

Comment

You should know that wasn't the intent of his opinion, and that isn't what his ruling said. So it really doesn't matter worth a damn that he put 'restraints' because Congress just overruled that .

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                      Well I think the people that started the revolution were guided by intellectuals. The Boston smarties were able to push the firebrands.
                      I was talking about Massachusetts farmers. They had already revolted even before Concord and Lexington. There's a book out that I gave to my lil'bro, Thubbins, A People's History of the American Revolution. It's pretty cool to see it as this organic, chaotic, living thing.
                      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker
                        First, I wasn't aware we were in a competition to predict the actions of judges. And second, I did read the ruling and I'm aware the judge didn't say bureaucrats lack the authority to pass laws...I said they lack that authority (you didn't even read my post )...and they do because the Constitution authorises only the Congress to write laws...

Look at it this way... Congress wrote a law that basically said "you do what they say, within these bounds". That is the practical effect of giving government agencies regulatory authority. See? Completely constitutional.

Comment

I was talking about Massachusetts farmers. They had already revolted even before Concord and Lexington.

I was talking about Bostonians, who basically revolted before Lexington and Concord with the actions against the taxes, especially the Boston Tea Party and the Boston Massacre (which really wasn't, but sounds nice).

Comment

Geez Imran, that's the second post in a row you didn't read. Of course his intent was not to say bureaucrats can't pass laws (again, I said that), just that Congress didn't give the FTC the power to legislate in this area. And the restraint does matter, it's always nice when bureaucrats are reminded that even under the "modern" Constitution there are limits to their power...

Now a second judge (I understand) has reminded Congress it doesn't have the authority either because the 1st Amendment (did you predict that one ) from that "outdated" Constitution protects the freedom of speech.

Comment

Freedom of speech is not freedom to be heard. You have no constitutionally guaranteed right to call me.

Comment

sky -
                                Look at it this way... Congress wrote a law that basically said "you do what they say, within these bounds". That is the practical effect of giving government agencies regulatory authority. See? Completely constitutional.
                                Where in the Constitution did you find a congressional power to authorise other people to write laws? Tis a simple question...

Comment

Working...
                                X