X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

America has no left.
    Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

America does have a left it is just different from what Europe considers left.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Why Dean will be the next Pres

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
        In case you hadn't noticed, the country is polarizing.
        I 100% agree, though, I wish it wasn't true.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara

Do I think the leader of the nation should be determined by a majority f the people in the country?

YES!!!!!!
          I find this hard to believe, commie.
          http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

I like Clark except for his "last resort" stance on the War. Assuming that Clark was aware of the same intelligence that was available to Blair and Bush, what is he saying? That Saddam would have complied with the UN resolutions without the threat of force?

This is very fuzzy thinking, IMHO.

Until he changes his position on this issue, I think he is not a credible candidate.

Dean is not in the mainstream of the Democrat party - although he does appeal to the extremist elements. It will be interesting to see how the campaign evolves if the Democrats nominate an extremist.

I think Kerry and Liebermann looked "presidential." Only one of these will emerge from the pack, though.

Braun is a very intelligent and articulate person. If she would get of her bandwagon of women's issues, she might be a credible candidate.

I wonder why Gephart is not more popular. He seems very mainstream Democrat.

As to Bush, he had done a very good job on national security. However, he has not done enough to curtail spending. But, seeing that the Democrat alternative would actually spend more, I cannot fault Bush too much.

Bush will get the nomination, of course, but we need new blood in the Republican ranks - someone like McClintock or Schwarzenegger (although he cannot run for president). Bush is not really a fiscal conservative, although he appears to be a social conservative. I personally favor fiscal conservatives and social liberals - like Schwarzenegger.

BTW, for those Democrats who hate Bush - is it his social conservatism that makes you most mad?
            http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

America does have a left it is just different from what Europe considers left.
              You mean, your left is what we consider centrist/moderate?
              Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

Originally posted by Saint Marcus

You mean, your left is what we consider centrist/moderate?
                Pretty much. We do have a European-style left, but it has relatively little bearing on electoral politics, since either the Democrats have abandoned the Left or the Left has abandoned the Democrats, depending on who's telling the story. What we don't have, certainly, is a major Left party.
                "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

The Greens are the largest hard left party but they're lucky if they get 5% of the vote. By and large the US is full of rabid capitalists who are more inclined to see government regulation as a problem instead of a help.

Comment

'nuff said.
                    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• The left is dying, thank god. Now, if only we can figure out a way to kill off the right as well.

amen to that.
                      B♭3

Comment

• Re: Re: Re: Re: Why Dean will be the next Pres

Originally posted by Oerdin

I 100% agree, though, I wish it wasn't true.

I don't know -- I think the 2000 election was more of historical significance than what the 2004 election will probably be.

I mean, I found it a little disturbing when the electoral map of 2000 showed that the party votes were almost divided entirely between the regional North and South.
                        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Working...
                        X