Computer problem...Big problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Japher
    Should an Art major be fooling around with the insides of a computer?
    i built it japher!

oh wait, nevermind
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

A better power supply wouldnt hurt.
      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

fixed it. i cleared the cmos and now it works again. good times.
        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Sheesh! Stop panicking!
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

MRT144 I was going to say clear the bios and see what happens Damn extremes lol Relax people sometimes the basics do work on the new equipment, in fact most often...

If clear cmos does not work try memtest to see if hardware is an issue.

Before you "flash" anything go to mb site and see if it is an issue, I.E. forums. If not back to memtest. Need a copy eme///"

In fact most times////
            “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
            Or do we?

Comment

1) It's not the CPU or the fan, if it was a problem with the CPU itself it wouldn't get to the self-test as you described it did, and if it was the fan it'd still run, just at like 200MHz
              2) Could be a bad RAM stick, try moving them around
              3) Upgrade the BIOS
              4) Memory timings may be too aggressive
              5) Inspect the motherboard for blown or dislodged capacitors
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

It has helped me before to pull out the battery. Then the damn computer knows who's the boss and starts to cooperate
                The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144
                  fixed it. i cleared the cmos and now it works again. good times.
                  That's what I meant for you to do, of course.
                  ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
                  ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

asher, i think it probably was too agressive memory timings.

Comment

Working...
                    X