No announcement yet.

Israeli scientists develop effective drug against Alzheimer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't even think Alzheimer is a disease we should worry about.

It mostly concerns old people, and we just had a thread about them

Comment

That's good. My grandmother suffered from Alzheimer and I'm afraid that perhaps my mom will get that too in 15-20 years. It should be totally treatable by then.
      "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
      George Orwell

Comment

I don't even think Alzheimer is a disease we should worry about.
        I know you don't mean that, but tackling Alzheimer's can lead to breakthroughs in other diseases associated with mental deterioration and memory loss. Wouldn't it be cool to have a photographic memory or a remberall in pill form?

They just went after Alzheimer's first becuase no one cares if you test drugs on old people
        Monkey!!!

Comment

What about using stem cells to cure neurodegenerative diseases? How's the process?
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Yeah...like the Isr. have scientists. Right.

Comment

Originally posted by Azazel
              I only hope that HUJI will patent it and get ****loads of money. There is no need for Biotech comp.s to get all of the profit.
              They would be fools if they did not. I hardly think they are fools.
              http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Dude, I didn't know people can get Alzheimers in their early 50s...
                We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Ahm... you're sick....
                  And 10 years ago it would have sounded sick to give people with diabetes the venom from the Gila Monster, but it won't be long before that happens. Actually, toxins are proving to be quite advantageous regarding disease.

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthelion
                    Does anyone remember Alzheimer's first name?

You see, it's already beginning

(A-l-o-i-s)
                    The hilarious thing is that his sentinel patient began to show signs of the disease in her 50s, and therefore was too young to meet the criteria for Alzeheimer's disease today. She had "pre-senile dementia".
                    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

What about using stem cells to cure neurodegenerative diseases? How's the process?
                      That's the really interesting question.
                      urgh.NSFW

Comment

UR:
                        The last I heard it had some good progress. I don't know of any specific things though.

Comment

I have invested in stem cell research here in the US, unfortunately it is outlawed (one of the things I hate Bush for, though the Dems would have done the same - except, surprisingly for Gray Davis). The stock is doing well.

Stem cell research and applications of it are going to be the future.
                          Monkey!!!

Comment

Damn straight. The ability to repair organs or perhapes even grow new ones will transform medicine.

Siro,

Interesting avatar
                            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

UR, what avatar? The Barak/Netanyahu one or the special one he had before that?

Comment

'special', as in 'retarded'?
                                urgh.NSFW

Comment

Working...
                                X