Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you what?

Comment

The S stands for nothing. If memory serves, he had to come up with a middle initial for his permenant record in grammer school.

Comment

I think Mr. Rogers had Kennedy killed.
        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

More plausible than Johnson.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Re: Re: LBJ had Kennedy killed...

Originally posted by SlowwHand

The idea is absurd, It was then, and it is now.
            Johnson absolutely loathed his time in office.
            To make the accusation that he was behind assassination so he could do something he hated, makes zero sense.
            I am sure you are aware that LBJ ran for president in '60 and lost to JFK?

As to LBJ hating his time in office - well he certainly screwed up, didn't he?
            http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

He ran against Kennedy? Well horror of horrors.
              So did Nixon. Maybe it was him.
              Screwed up, by not letting the military run the war?
              Maybe. Maybe it was bad advice from his advisors, which is still ultimately his resposibility, I know.

Are you now switching your gripe/accusation?
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

I thought JFK beat Nixon. in 1960
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

JFK beat both of them. LBJ for the nomination and Nixon for the Presidency.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                    I thought JFK beat Nixon. in 1960
                    LBJ and JFK faced off in the Democrat primaries and convention. It was close all the way. When the dust settled, JFK named LBJ as his VP then assigned him no responsibility when they won the narrowest election in history (votewise). LBJ delivered Texas in that election by stuffing the ballot boxes. His control over the Democrat party in Texas was legendary.

LBJ definitely wanted to be president. He was defeated by JFK and then assigned no substantive role in the Kennedy administration. I think there was bad blood between the Kennedy's and LBJ.

Regardless, based solely on the history of LBJ, his rivalry with JFK and the fact of the murder in Dallas, Texas, my Dad drew the conclusion that LBJ did it. Well it now looks like my Dad may have been right.
                    http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

How do you figure; and RAH, your dumbass wink doesn't help.

Comment

Crossposted, I was winking at Che feeling the need to point out JFK beating LBJ for the dem nomination that year. I actually witnessed it, these guy read it from a history book.
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Oh. Sorry. Am I red.

Comment

how can someone run for president, lose and become vice president?

Comment

Why is that so hard in a country when you can run for President, lose, and still become President?

Comment

Working...
                                X