Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who watched Manchester United vs. Arsenal on the weekend?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by FrustratedPoet
    That article is wrong: the title race most certainly is a two-horse affair.

    United and Chelsea.
    What do you think of Chelsea, guys?
    Freedom is just unawareness of being manipulated.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by FrustratedPoet
      So it's okay when Martin Keown acts like a stupid thug, but not when Roy Keane does?
      I'm just saying that they who live by the sword.....
      Only feebs vote.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by The Vagabond


        What do you think of Chelsea, guys?
        They spent a lot of money but they spent it very well. Crespo, Veron, and Makalele are the kind of experienced Champions league performers they need for a challenge on that front. Mutu is a great buy for both the Champs league and the premiership. He really mixes it physically. I'm sure the others will do well in the Premiership as well.

        Bridge, Duff, Johnsen and Cole. The young British (Irish) contingent all look really good. Especially Duff. Probably their best signing on performances so far.

        Not to mention Geremi who was one of the Premiership's most exciting midfielders for Middlesborough last season.

        Frank Lampard is continuing his sparkling form from last season.

        Buying good players is one thing but forging them into a good team is another. I've been really impressed with how quickly they've gelled as a team and the competition for places seems to have upped the performances of the players who were already at the club.

        Long way to go this season but they have one of the best squads in Europe. Enough players to play two full elevens of international players. They really need to be challenging for the Champions League and the Premiership this season. ManU and Arsenal look like they might struggle if they get some injuries this season. Won't happen for Chelsea.

        The Arsenal Chelsea game coming up will be very telling as to how far Chelsea have already come I think.
        Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
        We've got both kinds

        Comment


        • #34
          Yeah, what Mike said.
          If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

          Comment


          • #35
            wait, Real sold Makalele?



            So is going to fill that enormous gap? Helguera? he's got his hands full in Real's "defence".
            urgh.NSFW

            Comment


            • #36
              Real have decided they don't need a defence anymore.

              Super Becks is playing in central midfield alongside Guti.
              Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
              Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
              We've got both kinds

              Comment


              • #37
                or Cambiasso.
                If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

                Comment


                • #38
                  I really don't know how RVN has acquired this reputation. He's never done anything blatant as much as I can remember. Not like, say, Pires..
                  www.my-piano.blogspot

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Pires of course blatantly dived no question, however RVN is a prince amongst strikers when it comes to diving.They all do it though even St Gary did.
                    Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                    Douglas Adams (Influential author)

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      On another note has anyone got away with as many blatantly offside goals as the self-styled Greatest Living Frenchman?
                      Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Has anyone had as many perfectly good goals/chances denied for offside because he's so fast the lineo... sorry, referee's assistant thinks he must be offside?
                        Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                        We've got both kinds

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          The best diver around is surely Pavel Nedved. No one can make it look as painful as he does. To his defence I have to say that opponents often are hard against him but that's no excuse. Too bad as he's a really good player otherwise. One of the best midfielders in the world imho.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Klinsman was a class act at diving, although he was a sound bloke so he can be forgiven
                            Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                            Douglas Adams (Influential author)

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Park Avenue
                              I really don't know how RVN has acquired this reputation. He's never done anything blatant as much as I can remember.
                              I was talking with some United fans last night, and they also assumed it was Nistelrooy that Fergie had a word with for diving.

                              BTW enter 'Nistelrooy' and 'dive' into Google and click a few links!

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                When I saw Man U play at St James a few weeks ago RVN played Hollywood a number of times. I hadn't quite realised how bad he was until I saw him live.

                                You wouldn't catch a really class striker like Shearer doing that.
                                Only feebs vote.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X