Hurricane Isabel: How you holding up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurricane Isabel: How you holding up?

We're getting gusts of about 30 here in Southeast PA. Power's been flickering, but no rain yet. Not gonna stop me from going to a rugby party.

What's going on in your neck of the woods?
    "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
    ^ The Poly equivalent of:
    "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

apnea

Comment

Originally posted by paiktis22
      apnea
      We can cure that. Try holding your breath.
      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

the meaning of apnea = no wind

(or breath if you're a doc)

Comment

It's raining kinda hard, blowing kinda hard, but all in all this hurricane has been rather anti-climactic. I'm hoping the ancient tree in my backyard will crash through the house tonight and kill me. That'd be exciting.
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

nothing big

been at home (drinking) play soul caliber

Jon Miller
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

its a beautiful, calm night...

but I'm in Chicago.

It's been funny watching all the stupid sensationalist reporters on the cable news networks getting soaked with rain and tossed around with wind. One guy had the battery go low on his Sony Mini-Cam and all you saw was this big "LOW BATTERY" message while he was talking. The woman anchor was like, "uhh Carlos, all we can see is your low battery message. Get some batteries and check back in."

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

We had classes canceled today and tomorrow. Which means it was a great excuse to drink.

And I did
                If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

thatta boy1!!
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Rather overcast here now, and the wind has picked up a bit. Don't expect anything serious till tomorrow morning, but they aren't predicting anything worse than winds in the 25-50mph range and thunderstorms.

D

Comment

Storm took out my cable modem. *****!
                      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

My TV is out, and I can't go outside. Maybe I should start a civ game.
                        "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

We've got some big waves.
                          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Making the Texas A&M/Virginia Tech game interesting.....

ACK!
                            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Haha...I'm celebrating 20 in the middle of Isabel

That sounds dirty...
                              "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                              ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                              "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Working...
                              X