Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Throughout History, What General Are You Most Like ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat
    Yeah, you'd need all the help you could get with a country with virtually unlimited manpower and supplies. Real generals make the best of what they are given.
    There is nothing cowardly about a nation that refuses to fight a war with one hand behind its back -- in fact, the Union DID try that in the first couple of years.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Real generals make the best of what they are given.
      Hmmm, let me put that another way - its usually the generals on the losing side who have to come up with all the elegant manouevres
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

I'd be the guy who relies on a huge, fast industry to begin forming an army once the war begins. I think FDR did something like that, but I'm not sure.
        Known in most other places as Anon Zytose.
        +3 Research, +2 Efficiency, -1 Growth, -2 Industry, -2 Support.
        http://anonzytose.deviantart.com/

Comment

I'm a naval guy. Can't beat me on the land if I sink all your transports, can you?
          Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
          Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
          Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Actually I'm more like the little foreign office guy who hangs out with Allenby in Lawrence of Arabia and sells out the Arabs
            Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Omar Bradley

I tend to get the job done well without calling much attention to myself, and I always put the people who work for me first.
              "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Either Mao or Sun Tsu.
                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I think of myself as a U.S. Grant. He drank to much, wasn't necessarily the best at what he did, and he rubbed people the wrong way but he was tenacious and kept trying even after he'd failed several times. He succeeded through shear force of will and because he would do things which smarter men would refuse to do, but, in the end that's what made him great.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Re: Re: Throughout History, What General Are You Most Like ?

Though I greatly admire General Lee, I'm a Jackson man all the way.
                    So you're a religious fanatic who ends up being shot by his own men?

Of course if we're not talking about Stone Wall then you could always be Andy who was an uneducated, filandering, indian hater, who often had prostitutes visit him in the White House.

Comment

Eugene of Savoy. For obvious reasons.
                      Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Erwin Rommel.

Can I be Admiral? If so, Admiral Piett.
                        I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Originally posted by molly bloom
                          Eugene of Savoy. For obvious reasons.
                          What's obvious about Eugene of Savoy?
                          He's got the Midas touch.
                          But he touched it too much!
                          Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

What's obvious about Eugene of Savoy?

Absolutely everything!

Can you believe Sikander doesn't know what's so obvious about Eugene of Savoy. I mean, do we have to draw him a diagram?
                            John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Obviously he's obscure and unimportant so I immediately see the connection with molly bloom.

(I'm just kidding molly)

Comment

That Captain who's horse bolted during the charge of the light brigade. Not a general but there's no way I'd live to be a general.
                                Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                                Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                                We've got both kinds

Comment

Working...
                                X