Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solution to Nations

I think that the US should start going out and incorporating new states

I mean, what other way would be better for making areas into first world stable democracies

I mean it is the same sort of thing that West Germany did with East Germany

yah it took a lot of time and money, but East Germany is much better off now

we in the US should do that for other countries also

we would of course have to do so slowly because it would be a big drain on resources

like one country at a time

but than that country would have rule of law, jobs, politcal power, infrustructure and all the other things that a first world nation has

also they would have politcal power

Jon Miller
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Naw. I want my tax dollars to be spent improving things right here and everyone else can worry about themselves.
    Last edited by Dinner; September 17, 2003, 15:57.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

The nation state should be abolished and replaced with a system of city states like in the good old days. Then we can go and sack Sparta for what they did to me.
      Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
      -Richard Dawkins

Comment

WTG, Jon.
        Not everybody thought the USA wanted to absorb the rest of the world.
        I guess you took care of that though.
        Thanks for your kind and considerate help.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Starchild
          The nation state should be abolished and replaced with a system of city states like in the good old days. Then we can go and sack Sparta for what they did to me.
          Out of curiousity, what did they do to you?
          Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Nice joke about the economic success in East-Germany. Next you'll gonna tell us how cheap Building up the East was and with what great efficience it was made
            If its no fun why do it? Dance like noone is watching...

Comment

Well, before western society colapses it will go towards being absorbed

someone will have to absorb the rest, it might as well be us (instead of the EU through the UN)

Jon Miller
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN
              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by DanielXY
                Nice joke about the economic success in East-Germany. Next you'll gonna tell us how cheap Building up the East was and with what great efficience it was made
                east germany is a democracy now right?

and doesn't have as much corruption?

and I thought the economy was better

Jon Miller
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Originally posted by Snotty

Out of curiousity, what did they do to you?
                  Burnt my olive trees to the ground and ravaged my seven firm breasted and dark haired daughters. I'm sorry but dammit, I hold that Xerxes is the rightful ruler of Greece and I await the Persian armies to libera...

*nurses hold him down and force medication into his mouth.*

I. Like. Kittens.
                  Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
                  -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Unemployment in East-Germany is around 20%.
                      Their are huge difficulties for young ppl. to find education possibilities. Floods of them flee to the west to train for some job (there are even special "refugee camps" aka youth hostels for easties).
                      Whole city blocks are abonded (some of those houses were build with government-aid money).
                      In some areas (mostly rural) racist culture is very high (= the usual choice for the youth). In general racism in the East is higher than in the West.

Germany has very high debts, every 5th tax-euro goes to interest. Most of those debts is from the East-Buildup.

Ok, maybe the East is better than bevor, kind of democratic and all but I would hardly call it a success.
                      If its no fun why do it? Dance like noone is watching...

Comment

EU is doing it already.
                        (what jon said not ravaging Sparta)

Comment

Originally posted by Starchild
                          We should sack Sheffield for...well...just being Sheffield
                          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

...and Bristol too, drop bombs, burn the place to the ground...it would look much better. And rape all the young women. They'd enjoy that...so let's not bother with that
                            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I think I agree with Starchild... we should go back to the good old city-states system and go sack Sparta

Saluti
                              "Life is pretty simple: You do some stuff. Most fails. Some works. You do more of what works. If it works big, others quickly copy it. Then you do something else.
                              The trick is the doing something else."
                              — Leonardo da Vinci
                              "If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
                              "In vino veritas" - Plinio il vecchio

Comment

Working...
                              X