Hippist State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hippist State

What state laws and actions make it the most hippiest?

I think it might be Oregon, but I would like harder info than just personal expereince.

Jon Miller
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

I'd have to say Oregon.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Hmm, if style & cultural influence are used to judge then California is miles ahead of anyone else.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Damn dirty hippies.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Yeah, but California has some really crappy laws.
          Monkey!!!

Comment

Having lived here all my life, I can say with certainty that it isn't Maryland. I'll go out on a limb and say it ain't Utah, Massachusetts, Texas or Alabama either. So that's five off the list already.
            Oh, and it's definitely not Virginia or Pennsylvania, since I've been there and, well, no; it COULD be Wyoming in theory but I think hippies would need to have actual people around to provoke. Alaska is too cold for skinny-dipping, I've never been to Minnesota but I don't think anybody with that accent could be a hippie...think about it and I'm sure you can narrow it down to the top ten at least.
            But yeah, Oregon and Washington are probably up there on the list. One of the most radically left-wing teachers I've ever had was from Portland, and the fact that those protesters haven't been kicked out of their trees yet means they're at least not too right-wing.
            1011 1100
            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Wyoming, because it's the most square-shaped, and everyone knows "it's hip to be a square".
              "I read a book twice as fast as anybody else. First, I read the beginning, and then I read the ending, and then I start in the middle and read toward whatever end I like best." - Gracie Allen

Comment

The Islands of Hawaii.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

yah

I have lived in Oregon, Washington, Minnesota (alabama when I was really young), and Maryland and I think Oregon is from person expereince

I would like solider examples (like maybe there are all sorts of hippy places in MAryland that I just don't go to)

Jon Miller
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN
                  GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Wyoming has the nicest people I've ever met, which makes me really wonder about Orin Hatch.

Comment

I've been to Oregon. The southern part, at Crater Lake.
                      Very, very nice.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                        Wyoming has the nicest people I've ever met, which makes me really wonder about Orin Hatch.
                        Hatch is from Utah.
                        - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
                        - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
                        - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

Down with the Hatch!

Utah is a pit.
                          -30-

Comment

And Elok, you can kiss my lilly-white ass, Hosehead.
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

By hippist are we talking about trendiest and coolest or are we talking about most likely to not bath, wear tie-dyed clothes, and smoke lots of pot?

If it's the former then I vote California and if it's the later then Oregon.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                              X