No announcement yet.

Language

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I had problems in Italy. Or I would have had if we hadn't an Italian with our group. But Italians are so helpful anyway so they make up for not speaking much english (in Rome at least - Venezia, Bologna and Florence were better). What was funny is they mistook me for Italian and when our Italian friend asked them something they most of the time turned at me and started speaking addresing to me. I would just smile politely and let my friend understand what they were saying He was Italian but he looked like more like an Austrian, whereas I looked more Italian in their eyes I guess It was funny 2 out of 3 times this would happen.

Comment

Makeo, I noticed your "Makeo aprenderes Español PBEM" thread. PBEM is a great way to practice saying, "Estoy acabado (+1)" over and over and over…
      (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
      (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
      (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Ingrid
        Expect them to wave their arms, pointing at things and saying things like "i miei capezzoli esplodono con la gioia"

That was sooooo funny

Saluti
        "Life is pretty simple: You do some stuff. Most fails. Some works. You do more of what works. If it works big, others quickly copy it. Then you do something else.
        The trick is the doing something else."
        — Leonardo da Vinci
        "If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
        "In vino veritas" - Plinio il vecchio

Comment

You have to be careful. I am getting fairly good in speaking French now, so often I start a conversation fairly fluently (I have time to think ahead). But then the think you really can speak fluently and machine-gun out a few phrases in rapid succession. I don't know if it is the accent or the speed or what, but I get lost very quickly...

Comment

When I am in a foreign country and I find that I have no idea what everyone is talking about I fake a French accent and just start acting really rude...
            Monkey!!!

Comment

While we're at it....

Since I'll be living in the most Eurocom city in Spain (Barcelona) next year, can any of the Canucks on the board give me some advice on how to speak Canadian, just in case someone decides to start trouble
              Last edited by Timexwatch; September 17, 2003, 13:26.
              If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

Just say "aye" and "golly-gee" alot and everyone will understand you are Canadian.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                X