Your thoughts on the ACLU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your thoughts on the ACLU

The conservatives continue to bash the ACLU, I don't quite see what the problem is.

the only problem I have is their defense of NAMBLA (north american man boy love association). How could they defend such scum?

I suppose they do have a little bit of a leftist slant. But the important thing is they are still defending civil liberties. Though I wish they could also defend more of the conservatives rights as well to be a little more fair.
    I love them- keep up the good work
    30.43%
    They do some questionable things- but I still support them
    28.26%
    I can care less either way
    8.70%
    I hate them. They are hurting america more than helping it
    21.74%
    they do not defend the rights of bananas- won't someone please think of the bananas!
    10.87%

I really admire what they do.

Comment

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
      -- Voltaire

That sentiment is the very essence of what made the Enlightenment what it was, what makes the West what it is, and why the ACLU is essential even when we disagree with them.
      "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

The ACLU has an agenda which they push through the courts. Some local chapters though are not too bad.

Comment

Re: Your thoughts on the ACLU

Originally posted by Dissident
          the only problem I have is their defense of NAMBLA (north american man boy love association). How could they defend such scum?
          It's called 'free speech'. They defend the right of NAMBLA to state their opinion - not some (non-existant) "right" to **** little kids.
          - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
          - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
          - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

Originally posted by Lincoln
            The ACLU has an agenda which they push through the courts. Some local chapters though are not too bad.
            Yeah, the agenda to allow everyone to express their own agenda.
            - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
            - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
            - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

the NAMBLA webite provides instructions on how to rape little kids. You agree with that?

Comment

In dedication to the ACLU:
                "The Blowhard Always Wins"
                By Elok

How many roads must a man walk down,
                before he gets tired of sore feet?
                Why must he stay in the kitchen so long,
                if he always complains of the heat?
                How can he talk in mixed-metaphor whine,
                without getting thrown out on the street?
                The answer? My friend, I'll yell it in your ear:
                IT'S HARDER TO WORK THAN TO *****.
                1011 1100
                Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                  the NAMBLA webite provides instructions on how to rape little kids. You agree with that?
                  That's ****ed up

I am afraid to even go to their website or do a search on the organization.
                  We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I voted for:

"They do some questionable things- but I still support them"

Overall, they are ok, but some stuff they do is just moronic.
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I agree with Imran.
                      Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
                      Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Yup, that's how I voted (I agree, but...) as well.

Comment

I hate 'em!

The feel that protecting freedoms means taking them away and locking them a safe box where no one can hace them is "protecting"...
                          Monkey!!!

Comment

I support the ACLU in principle, if not always in substance.
                            "Beauty is not in the face...Beauty is a light in the heart." - Kahlil Gibran
                            "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves" - Victor Hugo
                            "It is noble to be good; it is still nobler to teach others to be good -- and less trouble." - Mark Twain

Comment

I wish they'd try to support the constitution more then just left wing political adgendas.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                              X