Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you still in favor of killing this child?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you still in favor of killing this child?

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service
    It's up to the mother
    45.83%
    No, of course not
    23.96%
    Yes, it's just so much tissue
    16.67%
    No, but it is OK to kill him before he can smile
    13.54%

Abortion is murder.
    "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

I am undecided. Honestly. I'm still thinking that it should be before the baby has any conciousness/humanoid features.

Comment

People in the uS need to get a grip on the issue: it's interesting how most European countries have little problem with the issue.

And it should remain legal.
        If you don't like reality, change it! me
        "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
        "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
        "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Abortion saves lives.

Comment

Seriously though, the point is to have enough education about constraception methods so as NOT to have to resort to abortion in the first place.

Comment

Do another poll, and replace 'child' with 'fetus'. It's never okay to kill a child.
              I'm consitently stupid- Japher
              I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

People in the uS need to get a grip on the issue: it's interesting how most European countries have little problem with the issue.
                Then again, most European countries (IIRC) have more restrictions on abortion than US.

Honestly, it's such an either/or issue in US. Either you have abortions for none or abortions for everyone, instead of abortions for some and miniature plastic flags for others. I mean, I think it's ridiculous to claim a right to life to two cells not doing much else than clinging to each other, and it's downright ghoulish to demand a right to abortion for non-life-threatening reasons right up to the moment of birth. But to some partisans it seems that it's all or nothing.
                "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
                "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

That is exactly the point: in the US everything is an issue of rights, rights this, rights that...no one cares to accept the soverignty of the government and its ability to make laws: everything has to be about the validation of some fundamental right...

There is no right to life, nor right to abortion. What there needs to be is sensible family planning legislation.
                  If you don't like reality, change it! me
                  "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                  "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                  "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

And following that, I've always been against contraceptive abortion, until I found ACS and discovered thinning the herd might be a good idea.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Stefu
                      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
                        There is no right to life, nor right to abortion. What there needs to be is sensible family planning legislation.
                        I think both of those are rights, but neither always trumps the other.
                        "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

A question to people who support making abortion illegal - do you think it would help? I think that most mothers then (remember, many abortions come from teen sex) would just try to get rid of their pregnancy "manually", which could damage them seriously.
                          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                            do you think it would help? I think that most mothers then (remember, many abortions come from teen sex) would just try to get rid of their pregnancy "manually", which could damage them seriously.
                            I don't think this is their problem. In every abortion "debate" I could witness, anti-abortionists took the position of principle that abortion is murder, and murder should be illegal in all circumstances. Real-life consequences are never took into consideration, except when it comes to those unwanted kids who grew in a loving environment despite the unwantedness.
                            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                              And following that, I've always been against contraceptive abortion, until I found ACS and discovered thinning the herd might be a good idea.
                              cIV list: cheats
                              Now watch this drive!

Comment

Working...
                              X