Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gunbattle in Fallujah, Iraq: US, Jordanian forces open fire on Iraqi Police

What a cluster****
    "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

U.S. forces fired on both the police and suspects, witnesses said.
    The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

I wonder if the US will use this to help recruit new Iraqi police forces...

"Uncle Sam wants YOU! ... to become a policeman so we can shoot you!"

I dare speculate on what a US soldier might say when interviewed about the incident.

"They're Iraqis, and they had guns... so I shot at them. They all look the same to me."
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Witnesses said the vehicle that Iraqi police were pursuing got away.
        "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

**** happens. Many of the american soldiers are propably so stressed up by mines and random attacks that they look at everyone as an enemy. It's hard to tell if there's something about the incident that makes it a understandable misstake. It doesn't look good in any case.

Comment

Sadly, this event illustrates the fact that the US Armed forces ARE NOT A POLICE FORCE. Send the UN peacekeepers NOW!
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

This reminded me of the marines in "Aliens":

Look I'm telling you there's something moving and it ain't us!
              The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

UN peacekeepers are not a police force either.
                We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

True, but some countries with a lot of experience of UN peacekeeping, not something the US got, ought to be better than the american army.

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH
                    UN peacekeepers are not a police force either.
                    funny, they seem to be doing all right in Kosovo...
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Oh, woohoo, the U.S. has gunned down more innocents...Har har har...
                      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Kropotkin
                        True, but some countries with a lot of experience of UN peacekeeping, not something the US got, ought to be better than the american army.
                        Given the long and glorious history of UN peacekeeping forces around the world, I'm sure they would do just great.
                        When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Seriously, why does the US have these problems with peacekeeping? They must have experience from previous missions, they participated on the Balkan too. And what is with Military Police - wouldn´t they be right for a lot of tasks? Or are generally not enough MP forces available? Just wondering....
                          Blah

Comment

As far as I can remember, the US forces usually leaves after the action is over, leaving the everyday work to others.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                              I wonder if the US will use this to help recruit new Iraqi police forces...

"Uncle Sam wants YOU! ... to become a policeman so we can shoot you!"

I dare speculate on what a US soldier might say when interviewed about the incident.

"They're Iraqis, and they had guns... so I shot at them. They all look the same to me."
                              Nice spin, but don't let anything like a fact get in the way. From the linked article:

"Iraqi police said that the shooting began when three gunmen in a BMW fired at their station in Fallujah, 43 miles (about 70 kilometers) west of Baghdad. The police said they pursued the men in unmarked vehicles and fired at them.

U.S. forces fired on both the police and suspects, witnesses said.

"The shooting started at about 1 in the morning," one witness said. "It got heavier and heavier.

So unmarked vehicles running amok at 1 am firing weapons is a US ****up? Get real. It's a war zone, and when shooting starts, especially at night (ever worn night vision gear?), the guy who hesitates to try and figure out what's going on is the guy most likely to get hosed.

There's a real simple rule of survival: "When in doubt, wipe 'em out."
                              When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Working...
                              X