Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boring Game Thread: Best five songs to rock out to from....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are some interesting anecdotes about Beecham and how he was unable to conduct anything outside of the normal time signatures adequately. That's why he shunned more modern music...

I think I have a Walter Beethoven--my CDs are still packed and I was listing what I could think of from memory. I think I also have Barenboim, though that could be Brahms I'm thinking of...

Avoid the Solti like the plague. Possibly worse than the Karajan.
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
      There are some interesting anecdotes about Beecham and how he was unable to conduct anything outside of the normal time signatures adequately. That's why he shunned more modern music...
      There are a million anecdotes about Beecham - all of them classic.

My favourite:

"Do you know any Stockhausen, Sir Thomas?"

"Yes, I stepped in some once".

I think I have a Walter Beethoven--my CDs are still packed and I was listing what I could think of from memory. I think I also have Barenboim, though that could be Brahms I'm thinking of...

Avoid the Solti like the plague. Possibly worse than the Karajan.
      I'm not a Solti fan, really. I have a couple of discs by him (Mahler 8 and a diabolical Bartok Concerto for Orchestra) but they aren't high on my list.

I have the 60s Karajan set and most of the 70s set (except the Eroica) which I quite like. All the Walter stereo stuff with the Columbia SO is fantastic and I usually buy it when I see it.
      Only feebs vote.

Comment

Talk about a threadjack!

To get back on track, so you want a rock anthem and we can't mention a song already listed.

Okay, here's five for Canada.
        Tom Sawyer – Rush
        Powderfinger – Neil Young
        Up on Cripple Creek – The Band
        Life is a Highway – Tom Cochrane
        HNIC theme song - Shuffle Demons (okay not exactly a rock anthem, but if Agathon can list a Bryan Adams song then I can list this one)
        Golfing since 67

Comment

Working...
        X