Run Windows Update now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JohnT
    Asher is probably taking a luxurious week in Mingapulco.
    A little birdy told me he was GP-banned.
    If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Damn. The sorry bastard should've been banned for taking cheap shots at my wife in another thread.

Probably figured he was going to get banned anyway, so he took the cowards way out.

Comment

gp-banned?
        B♭3

Comment

Voluntary ban for people who can't help but spend their most productive hours here on Apolyton.

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed
            gp-banned?
            It's when you request to be banned so you can break your Apolyton addiction by going cold-turkey. GP has done it a few times - thus it's been named after him. Loinburger did it (is still doing it?) because of trying to write his PhD thesis or something. There are probably other examples too.

/edit: bah, John beat me to it, but my reply was more thorough.

Comment

Voluntary ban for people who can't help but spend their most productive hours here on Apolyton.

You can do that? Damn, my college GPA would've been a lot better if I had known about this before now.
              KH FOR OWNER!
              ASHER FOR CEO!!
              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

ah. thx. thought it had to do with tco, but wasn't sure what.
                B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by FrustratedPoet

It's when you request to be banned so you can break your Apolyton addiction by going cold-turkey. GP has done it a few times - thus it's been named after him. Loinburger did it (is still doing it?) because of trying to write his PhD thesis or something. There are probably other examples too.

/edit: bah, John beat me to it, but my reply was more thorough.
                  No, my reply was more concise. Your reply is a rambling mess.

Comment

Quick, Thorough, Structured. Pick any two.

Comment

I get the TechNet bulletins by e-mail, so I don't have to use Windows Update or read some pathetic threads on ACS.
                      "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

He says after reading a pathetic thread on ACS.

Comment

arg, some ******* keeps spamming an account of mine purporting to be from security@microsoft.com.

except i highly doubt microsoft would call me "friend", use exclamation points, and have poor grammar.
                          B♭3

Comment

24 hr uptimes?

Originally posted by Q Cubed
                            maybe the people who constantly ***** about windows being unstable don't maintain their systems very well?

i run winupdate at least once a week... and have it defrag, run an av scan, and run system scans automatically at least once a week... and windows hasn't crashed on me in ages, even with 24hr uptimes...
                            Since Winupdate regularly tells you to reboot to complete the installation, I don't see how you can claim 24 hr uptimes.
                            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

because i ignore the reboot request. and 24hr uptimes are quite possible if one only goes to windows update once a week.
                              B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
                                Damn. The sorry bastard should've been banned for taking cheap shots at my wife in another thread.
                                The reason I wasn't banned for that was because anyone with half of a brain could see your implication that I have very low standards for "who I f*ck" (or my SO has very low standards for me).

I am truly sorry if you still do not comprehend.

You played with fire and you got burned, baby. Deal.
                                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Working...
                                X