Run Windows Update now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by optimus2861
    A patch for a patch that they released barely two months ago. Come on, MS, get your act together.
    They've learned from Firaxis
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Yeah, so we need to apply yet another patch to all these 500 Wintel boxes, again. Smashin'!

remarkably easy with Microsoft SMS. you tell it to patch, and it goes out and patches all the clients.
      B♭3

Comment

Re: activate cloak

Originally posted by pchang
        Put your machine or network behind some sort of network cloak. If the virus can't see you, you can't get infected. That way, you don't have to worry about patching right away.
        That's what we do.

But we patch up anyway. It's the policy.
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed
          Yeah, so we need to apply yet another patch to all these 500 Wintel boxes, again. Smashin'!

remarkably easy with Microsoft SMS. you tell it to patch, and it goes out and patches all the clients.
          Smashing.

Instead of trying to make their software more secure, they capitalise on their own flaws to sell you more stuff.
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

my update may have been large because I haven't updated in ages.

Maybe I checked the auto-update to only warn me on very important updates. I don't like to be bothered

Comment

Fairly fast and painless.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Just like the recompile I had to do to patch OpenSSH
                We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Smashing.

Instead of trying to make their software more secure, they capitalise on their own flaws to sell you more stuff.

brilliant, isn't it?
                  B♭3

Comment

I really enjoy not having to worry about crap like this.
                    KH FOR OWNER!
                    ASHER FOR CEO!!
                    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

maybe the people who constantly ***** about windows being unstable don't maintain their systems very well?

i run winupdate at least once a week... and have it defrag, run an av scan, and run system scans automatically at least once a week... and windows hasn't crashed on me in ages, even with 24hr uptimes...
                      B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
                        Just like the recompile I had to do to patch OpenSSH
                        Hey, for me installing software equals compiling... it's not like it's that strange .
                        This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

where's asher? he might love this article.

or this one.
                          Last edited by Q Classic; September 12, 2003, 08:30.
                          B♭3

Comment

Asher is probably taking a luxurious week in Mingapulco.

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed
                              this one.
                              Um... what about it? It's not very negative toward Linux IMO... only realistic.
                              This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

oh, it doesn't put linux down too far, really. but he'd like it because i suppose it'd provide him ammo against people he thinks are misguided (anybody who isn't a windows-lover).
                                B♭3

Comment

Working...
                                X