Basketball Championship.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FrustratedPoet

I never knew France or Spain could play basketball, but they seem to be doing well so far. I thought it was just an ex-Soviet/Balkan thing in Europe. Apparently not.
    We even won over the USA in the last world championship!
    Ocho peones pasados y ligados. ¡Esta partida la gano!

Comment

We are clearly the underdog tonight...so who knows... we could win

But at the end of the day we are not US..we can't afford the fact that our two better player (Myers and ****a) chosing to sit this out and still be competitive

Comment

France - Russia : 76 - 69

Yeeeeeha ! Go France !
        "An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind" - Gandhi

Comment

Very good France. Your team seems to be one of the favorites.

I saw that we played like **** the 3 previous games but still we somehow managed to win because of some sudden lashing outs of our players.

But with Italy if we are not serious we will not win. If we play like we know how we'll have no problem. Let's see.

Serbia Lithuania up next. This should be one of the most good basketball games in the tournament, logically.

Comment

Lithuania has an extra advantage: the fans that are more numberous, since Lithuania is so close to Sweden.

I see France is doing the same trick that got them the Football World Cup. They got a team full of blacks who run and jump like hell. That way, even the (clueless about basketball) UK could get a decent team, by naturalising a few black NBA players.
            "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
            George Orwell

Comment

Lithuania sent Serbia home...!
              Where's Saras?!

In the former 6 games we played with Italy we have won the 5 of them. So we have the psychological advantage. But if we are devoured by stress we risk losing.
              We got to relax be serious and just play the basketball we know and we'll breeze through.

Comment

Originally posted by paiktis22
                We got to relax
                Relax...relax....you are sleeping now....when I'll say "Costantinople" you'll wake up and play basketball like the Chicago Bears play football....

Sloth tries to hypnotize the opponent realising it's the only way for Italy to beat Greece...

Comment

Comment

I see France is doing the same trick that got them the Football World Cup. They got a team full of blacks who run and jump like hell. That way, even the (clueless about basketball) UK could get a decent team, by naturalising a few black NBA players.
                    Except they are fully french and not "naturalised"... and were french before becoming NBA players, you know

"An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind" - Gandhi

Comment

Paiktis do you know if tickets for the basketball competition of the olympics next year are still available.
                      Also do you have any idea how much a week or two would cost me in Greece during the olympics?
                      Last edited by Sir Og; September 11, 2003, 10:46.
                      Quendelie axan!

Comment

LOL those damn greeks reserved most of the tickets in wealthy countries like Germany and UK- I didn't manage to get a single ticket for the whole volleyball tournament, figure out if it will be possible to find tickets for BASKET
                        I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

If I were you, I would stay home during the Olympics and come to Greece only for the games I have tickets for. Stara Zagora isn't very far away from Thessaloniki, is it?
                          "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
                          George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Og
                            Paiktis do you know if tickets for the basketball competition of the olympics next year are still available.
                            Also do you have any idea how much a week or two would cost me in Greece during the olympics?
                            Here are the ticket prices and I think you can order them online too.

About the cost for one to two weeks in Athens it depends heavily on where you will be staying.

Here are some prices but they could change.

For food etc a full meal in Goody's (the equivalant of Mc Donald's) is about 5 euros. In restaurants around 20 euros. Price for transport are .70 eurocents in the metro.

I hope this helps.

Comment

Paiktis, you don't really think that it IS possible to find the tickets so late, expecially for popular disciplines such as basketball, gymnastics and athletics?
                              I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

I couldn't answer you Datajack. I think it's better to look at the website and see or give them a call/send them an e-mail. Are they all sold out?

Sir Og, also check this.

Official home of the IOC. Find the latest news and featured stories, information about IOC members plus Olympic principles, values and legacy.

Comment

Working...
                                X