Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you do in Iraq if you were President of USA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would you do in Iraq if you were President of USA?

Duck and cover, and tell the Secret Service to get me the **** out of that hellhole and back to the luxury of the White House.
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Thorn
      I wonder if this will be another Vietnam style pull-out with Bagdahd being reconquered by Saddam after the US leaves.
      After the largest single investment in a country in US history? Dont think so.
      "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Ned

Are you kidding. Iraq needs an international force of at least 200k to maintain law and order. Assuredly the UN will replace US forces with its own (French, German and Russia are only examples) when we leave. Right? The UN cannot be calling for control and still expect us to carry 99% of the burden, do they?
        Good point.

All of people I think would love to see the UN come in and take over for the United States, but there are things you have to consider.

UN most likely does not have 200,000 peacekeepers it can send to Iraq. So were would the replacements come from? If Russia, France, and Germany were called on they each would have to send about 65,000 troops, and would they be willing to send that many troops to Iraq??? Also consider the past experiences with UN peacekeepers and how much they love to stand by and watch people get killed and raped and are to affaird to offend a member nation of the UN they do nothing.

UN I think could help with acuattly humanitrian aid and help in rebuilding the electrical grid and such, but when it comes to putting peacekeepers on the ground and doing peacekeeping missions they fail 99.9% of the time at keeping peace. I also think the terrorist would just as likely start attacking the peacekeepers themselves and how long do you think the UN will keep them there under constant attack like what US troops are going through?? After that truck bombing of the UN compound they picked up most of their people and left Iraq. So I doubt that the UN could do any better.
        Donate to the American Red Cross.
        Computer Science or Engineering Student? Compete in the Microsoft Imagine Cup today!.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
          BIG News Flash.
          You sound JUST like President Bush.
          Except for step 1, something he DID NOT do in his speech, and the scope of step 3 (as I said in said step at the end).
          If you don't like reality, change it! me
          "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
          "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
          "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Jac de Molay

After the largest single investment in a country in US history? Dont think so.
            If the Democratics get their way it might just happen.
            Donate to the American Red Cross.
            Computer Science or Engineering Student? Compete in the Microsoft Imagine Cup today!.

Comment

Depends on the Democrat. Freaks like Kucinich and Sharpton want a complete withdrawal. But everyone else has resigned themselves to the fact that we're in for the long haul, and it has to be done right no matter what the cost.

As far as Senate goes, most Dems I think have grudgingly agreed to Bush's new 79 bills. But there's going to be a lot hand-wringing on both sides of the aisle.
              "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

Working...
              X