Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you do in Iraq if you were President of USA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you do in Iraq if you were President of USA?

It is very often easy to critisize others when you think they are doing a bad job, but what if you were President of the United States. What if you had to face the UN and France and Germany keep getting in your way? What about terrorist would fell if you pulled out of Iraq? What about the families of the dead troops? All these things and more you have to considered, and on top of that deal with whats going on at home. So I thought instead of making a lets all bash bush thread why not make a thread of solutions? Also which one of the Democrats running for President you think could do a better job. All I hear most of them say how bad Bush is doing, but they have no ideas that I have heard that will make things better.
    Donate to the American Red Cross.
    Computer Science or Engineering Student? Compete in the Microsoft Imagine Cup today!.

Get reliable intell on where Hussein is, mini-nuke that spot, and leave.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
      Get reliable intell on where Hussein is, mini-nuke that spot, and leave.
      Well if you did that the world would cry foul for the use of nukes first off. You would be more hated then bush, Iraq would fall apart most likely and we would be were we started or worse.

You have to think everything through, if it were that simple they would have done it already.
      Computer Science or Engineering Student? Compete in the Microsoft Imagine Cup today!.

Comment

Invade Syria, wave to Saudi Arabia, create a council formed from the major factions in those areas (Syria and the Kurds included), and put their "leaders" in room and let them figure it out... I wouldn't let them leave until they decide on something... Then once they have set up their governments (which may require separations, but I would demand that the groups work together on political agendas) I would clone a full grown MacArthur and have him over see things for a while...
        Monkey!!!

Comment

place nuclear devices on all the major fault lines of the planet, detonate them, and then launch the rest of the missiles at large and densely populated non-american population centers, as we know that if they're not with us, they're against us.
          and most of those countries were too chicken**** to be with us.
          B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed
            place nuclear devices on all the major fault lines of the planet, detonate them, and then launch the rest of the missiles at large and densely populated non-american population centers, as we know that if they're not with us, they're against us.
            and most of those countries were too chicken**** to be with us.
            This question was directed at what you would do with Iraq, not the world.

Comment

-Double non-military administrative support. Teaching even the basic fundamentals of democracy and establishing a support structure will take far more manpower than is currently involved.
              -Double Iraqi involvement in bremers reconstruction regime- IIRC there are few or no Iraqis involved in the highest echelon.

-Hand over as much of the humanitarian/public health responsibilitys to the UN as humanly possible.

-Open up reconstruction to competitive bids, no Halliburton sweetheart deals.

-Approach all Arab nations, in a conciliatory fashion for at least token amounts of troop support.
              "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

Hand over as much of the humanitarian/public health responsibilitys to the UN as humanly possible.
                UNHumanitarianStop itYour killing me

Why don't we just put France in charge of the national defense why we're at it!
                Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_www

Well if you did that the world would cry foul for the use of nukes first off. You would be more hated then bush, Iraq would fall apart most likely and we would be were we started or worse.

You have to think everything through, if it were that simple they would have done it already.

It is that simple.
                  Hell. Most of our "friends" suck anyway.
                  Nuke it until it glows then nuke it for glowing.
                  Yeah.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Jac de Molay
                    -Double non-military administrative support. Teaching even the basic fundamentals of democracy and establishing a support structure will take far more manpower than is currently involved.
                    -Double Iraqi involvement in bremers reconstruction regime- IIRC there are few or no Iraqis involved in the highest echelon.

-Hand over as much of the humanitarian/public health responsibilitys to the UN as humanly possible.

-Open up reconstruction to competitive bids, no Halliburton sweetheart deals.

-Approach all Arab nations, in a conciliatory fashion for at least token amounts of troop support.
                    This is the best here in this thread so far. I think though that UN with that recen car bombing wants to limit itself in Iraq now. With Halliburton, I think they did not want a French company to get the contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Japher

UNHumanitarianStop itYour killing me

Why don't we just put France in charge of the national defense why we're at it!
                      The one thing the UN knows how to do is humanitarian aid. They peace keepers suck though.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand

It is that simple.
                        Hell. Most of our "friends" suck anyway.
                        Nuke it until it glows then nuke it for glowing.
                        Yeah.
                        Then there would be no life on earth.

Comment

I would devide the country into 3 new countries.
                          Of course the turks won't be pleased, but you can't please anybody.
                          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Imperial Rome

I would declare martial law in Iraq.

I would bring in extra troops and start the following operation in the South, then move steadily Northwards until the entire country had been covered:
                            1) Thoroughly surround any village/town/city
                            2) Tell the inhabitants to surrender all weapons and pass through my lines one at a time to be searched.
                            3) Hold the inhabitants temporarily while their empty houses are searched for weapons.
                            4) Confiscate all weapons and summarily shoot any resistors.
                            5) When the search is complete, allow the inhabitants to return and move on.

Closely monitor all movements of people across the borders of Iraq.

Policing and reconstruction will be a lot easier once the populace has been thoroughly disarmed.
                            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

This question was directed at what you would do with Iraq, not the world.

last time i checked, iraq was part of the world. so are numerous other terrorist threats, so we must show them that we mean business and will brook no opposition.

besides, it's not like we'd be losing anything. we don't deserve this planet in the first place.
                              B♭3

Comment

Working...
                              X