Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you do in Iraq if you were President of USA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nuke it until it glows then nuke it for glowing.
    Now that's sig material
    Monkey!!!

Comment

Re: Imperial Rome

Originally posted by pchang
      I would declare martial law in Iraq.

I would bring in extra troops and start the following operation in the South, then move steadily Northwards until the entire country had been covered:
      1) Thoroughly surround any village/town/city
      2) Tell the inhabitants to surrender all weapons and pass through my lines one at a time to be searched.
      3) Hold the inhabitants temporarily while their empty houses are searched for weapons.
      4) Confiscate all weapons and summarily shoot any resistors.
      5) When the search is complete, allow the inhabitants to return and move on.

Closely monitor all movements of people across the borders of Iraq.

Policing and reconstruction will be a lot easier once the populace has been thoroughly disarmed.
      Where would get the troops do this? THat would take a lot of manpower, manpower the US might not have on its own.
      Donate to the American Red Cross.
      Computer Science or Engineering Student? Compete in the Microsoft Imagine Cup today!.

Comment

Not that much

You don't have to bring in enough troops to cover significant portions of the country. You could do it one village at a time, if you lacked the manpower. It would just take longer.
        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Re: Not that much

Originally posted by pchang
          You don't have to bring in enough troops to cover significant portions of the country. You could do it one village at a time, if you lacked the manpower. It would just take longer.
          Yeah but people could sneak past your army that is disarming every town if you dont have enough men. BUt the border is a big reason why there are so many attacks. If you controll the border, then no more terrorist.

I also heard though that maybe the though is to turn Iraq into a battle ground and get the terrorist out of hiding and let them come in so you can deal with them once and for all.
          Donate to the American Red Cross.
          Computer Science or Engineering Student? Compete in the Microsoft Imagine Cup today!.

Comment

Originally posted by Japher

UNHumanitarianStop itYour killing me

Why don't we just put France in charge of the national defense why we're at it!
            In the face of an ongoing, organized guerilla campaign, we don't need troops handing out bubble gum and bottled water. This is part of Rumsfeld's ongoing lunacy that manpower for these peripheral activities is sufficient.

The UN does suck at a lot of things but they bring a lot of global experience in the humanitarian/public health aspects I mentioned, and this is where theyre need most.
            "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

nuke it. good thing i'm not prez. oh, and iran also. i mean, they're right next door. might as well.

Comment

Hmmm

Your post indicates that if you really were President, you would not nuke Iraq and Iran.
                “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

you lost me... ??? what about my post makes you think that. nuke it. i think that means nuke it.

unless i read the thread title wrong. at work... kinda have to post fast.

Comment

Invade Iran.
                    "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

(and give Israel some spare change... a trillion or two)
                      "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

hmm. Not go into Iraq, take the two billion we are giving a year to Israel and give it to the CIA. Take money in the 'war on drugs' and use it in Afghanistan and Pakistan to hunt down Alqaeda.
                        "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

I'd pay for what the US blew up, and take the money out of the military budget. I wouldn't keep US troops in Iraq, though - I'd simply give the money to Iraq and let them deal with it. Higher whoever they want to make repairs, pay for it out of the money the US is giving them. Once the US pays an estimated amount (estimated by a neutral organization), it cuts off payments, even if Iraq squandered the money and didn't rebuild ****. The money coming out of the military budget stays out of the military budget permanently, and goes into more tax cuts.
                          Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
                          Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Oh, and I'd take all the money out of Israel as well. More tax cuts.
                            Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
                            Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

We should just leave. Leave iraq for the iraq people. if we dont approve in 12 months... bomb it again. same with iran. the US is the world leader which means we get our way - every single time! iran should submit to inspections along with NK. if they refuse, bomb them, invade, kill those we dont like, tell the remaining what we want to see, leave, return later and if things are screwed up repeat from step 1.

Comment

I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Working...
                                X