9/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrFun

I just wish I could find out what in me, has changed because of this -- I have a feeling something changed in me, though.
    good luck finding that out man. when you finally get the revelation it'll be glorious
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Well, it clarified my views on a lot of things. It inspired in me a desire to gain a better understanding of American foreign policy and Islam. It also set in stone at least a short term course for my future.
      "Beauty is not in the face...Beauty is a light in the heart." - Kahlil Gibran
      "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves" - Victor Hugo
      "It is noble to be good; it is still nobler to teach others to be good -- and less trouble." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Kirnwaffen
        Well, it clarified my views on a lot of things. It inspired in me a desire to gain a better understanding of American foreign policy and Islam. It also set in stone at least a short term course for my future.
        I think that might best describe how I changed as a result of these horrendous crimes, too.

But what short term course are you referring to for yourself?
        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat

Allende was an incompetent moron.
          Perhaps, but if so, and unlike George Walker Bush, he was an elected incompetent moron, thank you very much.
          Only feebs vote.

Comment

I've enlisted in the army for a period of 4 years beginning June 8 of next year. I'll begin in the infantry, with the eventual goal of making it into special forces. It's sort of my way of giving back for the opportunities I've been given, and hopefully helping to prevent future attacks.
            "Beauty is not in the face...Beauty is a light in the heart." - Kahlil Gibran
            "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves" - Victor Hugo
            "It is noble to be good; it is still nobler to teach others to be good -- and less trouble." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon

Perhaps, but if so, and unlike George Walker Bush, he was an elected incompetent moron, thank you very much.
              Don't get me wrong, I think assassinating him and helping that butcher Pinochet was stupid. Allende would have been gone the next election.

And I agree, George Walker Bush is not an unelected incompetent moron.
              When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I think assassinating him and helping that butcher Pinochet was stupid. Allende would have been gone the next election.

And I agree, George Walker Bush is not an unelected incompetent moron.
                Admiration for Brainless Bush. Well that's you gone as a serious person.
                Only feebs vote.

Comment

test

Comment

I'm amazed people are so immature as to attempt to troll Americans as the date of such a tragedy approches.

It changed my online feelings on a lot of people, instaed of taking it good naturedly, I now treat the trolling morons with the utter contempt they so richly deserve.

My only real regret is that some of the idiots who tried to foul MrFun's thread wern't on those four jet liners, it would have done the gene pool an enormous favor.
                    I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
                    i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Originally posted by Chris 62
                      I'm amazed people are so immature as to attempt to troll Americans as the date of such a tragedy approches.

It changed my online feelings on a lot of people, instaed of taking it good naturedly, I now treat the trolling morons with the utter contempt they so richly deserve.

My only real regret is that some of the idiots who tried to foul MrFun's thread wern't on those four jet liners, it would have done the gene pool an enormous favor.
                      Aren't the so called trolls largely comprised of Americans?
                      Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael
                        It certainly changed me. It made me look up.
                        No joke, it does. Whenever I am walking about and hear a jet engine, I reflexively look up for the source. I tend to watch the planes for a bit to check that everything appears "normal." Heading to La Guardia? Yup, things look okay...

I thought I'd do that less as time went on, but I caught myself doing just this past week...
                        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
                          Aren't the so called trolls largely comprised of Americans?
                          You're an American?
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)
                          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov

No joke, it does. Whenever I am walking about and hear a jet engine, I reflexively look up for the source. I tend to watch the planes for a bit to check that everything appears "normal." Heading to La Guardia? Yup, things look okay...

I thought I'd do that less as time went on, but I caught myself doing just this past week...
                            I stopped doing that after about three weeks. I wouldn't worry guys, they won't try that scam again - they'd be overpowered by the other passengers before they got to first class. I've flown several times since 9/11 and I can't say that it crossed my mind more than a couple of times.

Aren't you more likely to be carjacked than air-hijacked anyway?

I suppose whatever the real probabilities of being a victim of terror are the animal brain still makes people panic about it.
                            Only feebs vote.

Comment

I understood the power of the worlds most powerful government and that was that they aren't THAT powerful.

It tells me that anything can happen.
                              be free

Comment

Allende was an incompetent moron.
                                Allende's government wasn't a good one, but he deserve respect as he is a former president of Chile!
                                >>> El cine se lee en dvdplay <<<

Comment

Working...
                                X