No announcement yet.

Pest Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think there is any significant space between the door's bottom and the floor.

What exactly is polymer?? I mean, I have some gaping holes in some corners of my apartment that need to be shut off too.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

poly = many
      mer = pieces or things

A polymer is a long chain of organic molecules.

Comment

first of all crickets are good because they eat other bugs. And crickets don't bother me nearly as much as roaches. I have no problem having a few crickets in the house. I think crickets eat roaches. And I they don't crawl around creepily like roaches.

I ****ing hate roaches!

I never had a problem with beetles though.

As for getting rid of them. Call an exterminator. Once you get them, they are there forever. If you have messy neighborhoods they will return. But it helps to have them spray their high powered pesticide stuff under near all access points to the apartment.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
          first of all crickets are good because they eat other bugs. And crickets don't bother me nearly as much as roaches. I have no problem having a few crickets in the house. I think crickets eat roaches. And I they don't crawl around creepily like roaches.

I ****ing hate roaches!

I never had a problem with beetles though.

As for getting rid of them. Call an exterminator. Once you get them, they are there forever. If you have messy neighborhoods they will return. But it helps to have them spray their high powered pesticide stuff under near all access points to the apartment.
          There has to be less toxic, yet effective ways rather than fill up our homes with toxic fumes.

skywalker -- thanks for the definition

Comment

you fill up your apartment with bugs that eat roaches.

I just told you.

Or you spend you entire life searching for bugs and kill them manually.

Comment

Get a couple of mice or rats to deal with the insects.

Comment

Just be thankful you don't have giant poisonous centipedes or deadly spiders from Australia.
                KH FOR OWNER!
                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

KH FOR OWNER!
                  ASHER FOR CEO!!
                  GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

ew

bugs = bad

Comment

Boric acid bait is far supior to spray posion in all aspecs except visible quick kill. Cheaper (particularly if you skip the stuff with the duibiously additive of sex attactatn, they go for the plain stuff nearly as well), more effective, safer. I am not sure how well it work on crickets, but it obliterates raoches and ant. You get it is basic form of white powder or tablets, and the more expensive stuff with extra attractant in mnay version of roach trap/ roach hotel/etc.
                      Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                      Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                      "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                      From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

line spots on your floor with duct tape, sticky side up. wait a while for the bugs to try to crawl over it, and bam, they're stuck.

meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Yeah, there are plenty of bait and trap devices out there to try. You may have to cycle through a few as the stupid bugs are quick to build tolerances.

Polymer resins are o-k to seal small holes. Most common ones that are used is apoxy resins. For larger holes/cracks go with a Caulking agent (you know, the stuff in the tube that hooks into the gun thing)...

We use to have pest problems but I got Terminix service and they seem to have vanished (an ant now and then towards the end of the quarter) and we have huge holes in our walls under the sink and stove...

Good luck, the guys at hardware stores usually know how to handle this kind of stuff. So, go find and corner a cute one
                          Monkey!!!

Comment

Don't leave food sitting in the sink or anywhere else where you might be encouraging the little bastards to live.
                            -30-

Comment

Rocahes come for other than food as well, around here the biggest raoch house invasion come when they are looking for water during a dry spell.
                              Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                              Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                              "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                              From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Swithy -- thanks for telling me the obvious -- insects like to eat food.

Originally posted by Japher
                                Yeah, there are plenty of bait and trap devices out there to try. You may have to cycle through a few as the stupid bugs are quick to build tolerances.

Polymer resins are o-k to seal small holes. Most common ones that are used is apoxy resins. For larger holes/cracks go with a Caulking agent (you know, the stuff in the tube that hooks into the gun thing)...

We use to have pest problems but I got Terminix service and they seem to have vanished (an ant now and then towards the end of the quarter) and we have huge holes in our walls under the sink and stove...

Good luck, the guys at hardware stores usually know how to handle this kind of stuff. So, go find and corner a cute one
                                thanks for the info

Comment

Working...
                                X