X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, I'm saying it's sad the the federal government is the largest employer

Comment

[QUOTE] Originally posted by skywalker

The value of my labor varies based on the same rules as any other commodity - supply and demand.

[QUOTE]

Should not you reduce your offer of labor in order to increase its value ?

Statistical anomaly.
      The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

I don't think the Fed is a private company....

and JohnT... try including holidays in with your little "equation" about work weeks...

So far, I haven't seen a decent argument against what Mr. Sanders has said. I expected more from you guys...
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by DAVOUT
          Originally posted by skywalker
          The value of my labor varies based on the same rules as any other commodity - supply and demand.

Should not you reduce your offer of labor in order to increase its value ?

Nope, because that WOULDN'T increase its value. There are other that can provide labor that is essentially the same as mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava

and JohnT... try including holidays in with your little "equation" about work weeks...

So far, I haven't seen a decent argument against what Mr. Sanders has said. I expected more from you guys...
            He DID include holidays

Comment

no, read it again... 2 weeks for vacation... that's all he included Mr. Wizard.
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Yes, so? Isn't the average about 1 week of vacation? So, that other week would account for holidays, would it not?

Comment

Originally posted by Sava

How many holidays, Sava? There are 4 traditional holidays in the US in which most everybody gets off: Labor Day, T'Giving, Xmas, and the 4th. Assume that every one of them happens on a workday: that's 32 hours.

40X50=2000
                  2000-32=1,968

OMFREAKIN'G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Working Americans are fully employed!!!! What the hell is wrong with us!?!?!? WON'T SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN?????

Comment

funny, my dad works for the state and gets more than those 4... but go ahead and *****... all poor people are lazy right?
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

From everything you've said in the past years here, you're family isn't poor. So drop that line of argument, please... I'm in no position to argue with you about your families situation, just as you are in no position to speak about mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Chemical Ollie

Hey, that's more than my salary, working as a scientist. And I pay 35 % income tax on that + 25 % VAT!

Not that I feel poor though. I eat beef filet or entrecoté 2-3 times a week and live in a 10- room house with the view you see in the attached picture. Beat that, beggars!
                        I still think that there is a trailer park somewhere on the other side
                        "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by yavoon
                          as we fall farther away from truer capitalism and more towards oligopoly its obvious power/wealth will concentrate. the rate of large corporate mergers is rapid.
                          Fortunately, more than half the corporate mergers are failures, but this is possibly part of the explanation. But there are other heavy causes, mainly the attitude of the consumers who do not question the abnormally low prices of imported goods (then their jobs were delocalized) and the abnormally hight prices of sports articles which are the source of the ridiculous income of professional players.
                          Statistical anomaly.
                          The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

$18k a year is considered poverty for a family of 4 in the US? sounds like they're not really poor to me. considering my father earns about that over here and has to support a family of 7 (well 5, now that 2 of us are all but self-supporting but still...).
                            "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

all poor people are lazy right?
                              Nope, but most lazy ppl are poor. I am not poor, but I am not rich. It is Saturday, and I am at work after already putting in 50 hours this week, and I don't get paid over time... Some people just don't understand what work is, and that in order to keep a job or to succeed in life you sometimes have to go above and beyond...

to Japher for his lack of compassion
                              I have plenty of compassion, and I do also have no problem with the living wage. I just could care less for people who chose not to work, soak of the government, and demand that those who have worked their butts off pay for them to sit on theirs.

A living wage at least requires people to work, but do you ever think about who is paying them that wage? Higher wages leads to less jobs, and in a growing society that is not a good thing.
                              Monkey!!!

Comment

Is a woman in London on the street saying "oh, it's so lovely" a "typically middle-class" sight?

Provost said so.

Comment

Working...
                                X