Overheard Conversations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overheard Conversations

Yes, not only have I stolen this idea from SDMB, but I'm also copy/pasting the post I made in their thread. So sue me.

What amusing, scary or just downright weird things have you heard other people saying? It can be just one random line overheard on the street or a whole conversation you caught on a bus something.

Overheard last christmas in the high street of the small market town where I live...

4 overweight old ladies (60-70 years old) are standing outside a music store and one of them is holding a bunch of CD's. They're looking at the track lists and the sleeves and passing them around. Usually the 13-18 year olds do this, and to see 4 fat old ladies doing it was amusing enough, but when I walked passed them I heard one say: "No, dear, I think it's Japanese Reggae."
    If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Oh, and here's a link to the SDMB thread. There are some really funny and bizzare ones in there (the Osmonds one is unbelievable). Check it out.
    If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

I've heard a lot of strange things, though I don't remember any of them at the moment...
      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I think I heard some people badmouthing me for being a russian gangster, but I can't be quite sure.
        Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

What's funny about Japanese Reggae?
          Different accent?
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

the idea of japanese reggae is pretty funny.
            "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

****! That board claims copyright on everything you post there!!!
              Brought to you by Firelad, AKA King of the Fairies

Comment

You can breathe underwater
                I didnt kick him in the groin, he walked into my foot
                "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

You can breathe underwater too.
                  I wasn't worried; were you?
                  -30-

Comment

st swithin, do you ever contribute anything of substance?
                    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Absolutely not. That is my primary function: dissemination of disinformation.
                      -30-

Comment

I was boarding a bus in my home city of Toronto, which, as many of you probably know, is full of all sorts of ethnic groups and is home to a huge number of poeple who were not born in Canada. I'm standing behind this really, really flaky looking family, and they were chatting to each other about something stupid or other. Then the mom stares at some Asian people, turns to the rest of her family, and says, in a not-quiet-enough whisper, "immigrants!"
                        I refute it thus!
                        "Destiny! Destiny! No escaping that for me!"

Comment

There was a line in New Scientist a few years back, it was overhead by a student walking on campus at Cambridge. He heard one professor say to a lecturer "...in these matters, 17thly, its considered bad form to... ".
                          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I was walking past a girl at school who proclaimed that she "can't even draw stick-figures".
                            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Eavesdropping is evil!

j/k

I don't hear much, except the usual, "Did you hear what Kyrie did with Jason?', "Yeah, she's such a slut".
                              Conversations like that are why I tend to close my ears at school.
                              American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
                              I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
                              Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
                              XGalaga.

Comment

Working...
                              X