No announcement yet.

interesting neocon quiz from the csm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It said I was a liberal...that's like the thread about the earthquake near San Fransisco...

Liberal

Liberals…

Are wary of American arrogance and hypocrisy
    Trace much of today's anti-American hatred to previous US foreign policies.
    Believe political solutions are inherently superior to military solutions
    Believe the US is morally bound to intervene in humanitarian crises
    Oppose American imperialism
    Support international law, alliances, and agreements
    Encourage US participation in the UN
    Believe US economic policies must help lift up the world's poor

Historical liberal: President Woodrow Wilson
    Modern liberal: President Jimmy Carter
    "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
    ^ The Poly equivalent of:
    "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Isolationist
      Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
      Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

realist.
        "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Neoconservitist...which I guess is pretty much dead on.
          Texas is the greatest country in the world!

Historical Rants and Philosophical Dilemmas
          http://www.geocities.com/jeff_roberts65/

Comment

Realist

Realists…

Are guided more by practical considerations than ideological vision
            Believe US power is crucial to successful diplomacy - and vice versa
            Don't want US policy options unduly limited by world opinion or ethical considerations
            Believe strong alliances are important to US interests
            Weigh the political costs of foreign action
            Believe foreign intervention must be dictated by compelling national interest
            Historical realist: President Dwight D. Eisenhower

Modern realist: Secretary of State Colin Powell

But there were a few questions that I agreed with 2 answers, and the other one was a neoconservative answer.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Liberal - but I guess that's obvious from my posts.
              I believe in:
              keeping an open mind
              seeing the big picture
              and not going to war on "feelings".(A local conservative admitted that most of his ideas were based on that). If you're going to kill 1000's, as sometimes may be nessarsary, make sure that you're deciding based on the facts as you see them, not out of anger.

Comment

liberal.
                meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Liberal.
                  Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                  Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Liberal
                    Liberals?

Of course

Naturally

No. I think help should be given if it is asked for. In that respect, I'm isolationist. Of course, in most cases, it is asked for so no problems! Of course, if its asked for, one cant shy away because its not politically or economically convenient.

I dont like the way this encourages anti-American moaning, I am opposed to all imperialism by default.

Goes without saying.

Keep it coming!

No. I believe economic policies should be such that the world is largely indifferent to them, where they are not benevolent, but of course, its priority is keeping its own nation healthy. Of course, we do live in a global economy!

realpolitic:

I don't think neoconservatism is worthy of critiquing, and I'm not going to repeat past efforts yet again. You can breathe now.
                    "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                    "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Liberal.

Of course, often I had to pick the least insane of the options offered rather than the one I actually like. This poll is targeted at a population with a very right-wing median.
                      Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Liberal

Liberals…

Yes. It's always led to trouble.
                        Well, what the hell else is it going to be from? Is Osama going to come out and say "I hate America because of Tinky-Winky"?
                        Isn't this a conservative-leaning way of saying I don't want people to die?
                        Eh. If it's asked, yes. But we can't be some global policeman or something.
                        Of course! Like the arrogance one--it always leads to trouble.
                        Yes, I support that nations should have a couple of set rules to go by...this is another right-leaning way of saying I want peace and order in the world?
                        See last one.
                        If we're to be the "moral" nation that helps everyone out, then, yes, this is a must.
                        Historical liberal: President Woodrow Wilson
                        Modern liberal: President Jimmy Carter
                        Both decent Presidents.

St Leo's got it--the quiz is targeted towards a pop. with a right wing median. If the quiz actually had the real center as the middle, most of the neocons here would have immediately dismissed it
                        meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Liberal, I thought this place was a hotbed for conservative viewpoints!

ACK!
                          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Neocon!

What did you expect?
                            http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Realist

But there were a few questions that I agreed with 2 answers, and the other one was a neoconservative answer.

Same for me.
                              KH FOR OWNER!
                              ASHER FOR CEO!!
                              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

I'm pleasantly suprised by the number of liberals here. Welcome home, and greet you're new daddies: Odin, Lorizal and myself!!
                                "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                                "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Working...
                                X