No announcement yet.

digital / manual photography thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I took this incredibly artistic picture last night.
    Attached Files
    Hold my girlfriend while I kiss your skis.

Comment

It depends on whether you are a technical photographer or a mood/atmosphere photographer.

Photography is a bit like painting. For some people, the representation is the end, so all the technical elements - the lighting, the colours, the proper pespective, etc. - are important considerations. For others, the representation is just a portal to something deeper. Sort of like Impressionist paintings.
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by monolith94
        Here's another shot of mine. There was some warping on the left side, but it's still not too bad. I wish I had taken more time with this shot though...
        That warping looks like a fingerprint on the lens...

Well if anyone is interested, I have a bunch of pics on my Website

Here is a random one from Bali:
        Attached Files
        Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

"That warping looks like a fingerprint on the lens..."

But it's not. I used a plate of glass to hold down the film straight onto the scanner, and the warping is a result from that situation.
          "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
          Drake Tungsten
          "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
          Albert Speer

Comment

This one was taken on an automatic... for shame!!!
            What camera do you usually use? I still use a vey old fully manual,because aside from a slightly vintage character it gives the pics, it was an old birthday present.
            Smile
            For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
            But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

I don't know exactly. It's still at home, and I'm at college...
              Drake Tungsten
              Albert Speer

Comment

Like the website Mobius Very impresive. I'd love to go to some of those places :jealous:
                Smile
                For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

you guys only get one more...
                  Attached Files
                  Drake Tungsten
                  Albert Speer

Comment

cool pics mobius
                    Hold my girlfriend while I kiss your skis.

Comment

But it's not. I used a plate of glass to hold down the film straight onto the scanner, and the warping is a result from that situation.
                      Ah yes, the dreaded lying a photo flat on the scanner problem...

Some neat photos there, I think the last is my favourite with the grainy effect.

I love B/W shots, which is another advantage with digital is that you can turn all your pics B/W with the touch of a button!

PS. Thanks guys, but then my picture taking improved dramatically when I went digital, cos if you don't like one - you just keep taking them till you get one you do!

Comment

"I love B/W shots, which is another advantage with digital is that you can turn all your pics B/W with the touch of a button!"

Also, when you scan in your film to the computer, you can then change them to black and white... It isn't a big advantage for digital in that regard.
                        Drake Tungsten
                        Albert Speer

Comment

Originally posted by monolith94 Also, when you scan in your film to the computer, you can then change them to black and white... It isn't a big advantage for digital in that regard.
                          True, but at least with digital you don't have to scan them in in the first place...

Comment

maybe just ONE more
                            Attached Files
                            Drake Tungsten
                            Albert Speer

Comment

Pretty cool Monolith! I agree with Drogue, the top one is very nice. I have a few arty ones from my recent holiday. I love this one.
                              Attached Files
                              Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                              "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

B&W1
                                Attached Files
                                Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                                "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Working...
                                X