No announcement yet.

Are You Ready For Some FootBall - Week 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ahh but Proehl got the TD catch that got them to the superbowl but yes I forgot about Holt. He's an excellent reciever.

If the coach wakes up and actually rushes for more than 13 times a game, they may do something. We'll see...

Who does he think he is? Steve Spurrier?

what I said about Spurrier earlier about him being unhappy about winning was I meant he seemed unhappy about winning in that fashion. He seemed like he wanted to open up the passing attack. He seemed unhappy he had to go back to running the ball to put the game away. When will he learn?

Comment

• I don't see San Francisco being much of a threat. They made very few changes in personnel from last year, and got worse on the coaching end, so how can you reasonably expect them to be able to do anything about the 31-6 spanking they received in Tampa last year?

The Giants are probably the team I'm most afraid of of the ones you mentioned. The defense proved this week against St. Louis that it hasn't lost much of a step, and the offense is oh-so-close from being dynamic. The saving grace is that Tiki is the kind of running back we eat for lunch: There's no way he'll be able to power it up the middle against us.

Carolina = 2000 Ravens is a reasonable equation. Davis is the kind of back who can run it on us, though, and I've always thought that Delhomme was capable of big things given the chance. Let's see how the game goes this Sunday - I'll have a better idea then.

Minnesota looked real good against Green Bay, but I don't think they'd challenge us in January unless they got Bennett back. Bennett could *kill* us given the opportunity. The defense, as you said, is also still a question.

Remove the running back issue but keep the defensive issue for Seattle. I firmly believe Alexander will win the rushing title this year; he can do it all, and he'll be doing it against one of the league's easiest schedules. The defense performed admirably against N'Awlins, but let's see how it holds up over the season.
      CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
      Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
      Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
      Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

• I don't see San Francisco being much of a threat. They made very few changes in personnel from last year, and got worse on the coaching end, so how can you reasonably expect them to be able to do anything about the 31-6 spanking they received in Tampa last year?

The defense has matured another year. There are very good examples in NFL history of two teams who face off in the playoffs the next year, both being exactly the same, but a totally different result simply because one team matured. And I don't think Erickson is the drop off that other people do.

Carolina has a great strategy. I don't think that this is their year, but I think they'll have a great chance to make the playoffs... as long as Peppers can stay clean. If they add a decent FA QB or draft one of the future, they'll be very sharp. Who knows, though, Delhomme could be a diamond in the rough, like Farve was.

Seattle will be very good if their D is good. Another case of perhaps a defense maturing.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Steelers vs Tampa Bay
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
          X