Clear All

• The trick, they say, is to make it look easy
    Monkey!!!

Comment

• Exactly.
      Ho-hum, I got another sack.
      Yawn, I threw another 80 yard TD pass.
      Go back and do it again.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by Japher
        I like Sapp. I think he has class,

Good one.

Comment

• Exactly.
          Ho-hum, I got another sack.
          Yawn, I threw another 80 yard TD pass.
          Go back and do it again.
          That is nice, but sometimes you need to encourage or boost the moral of your teammates while smashing that of your opponents... It's all mind games.
          Monkey!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Japher

That is nice, but sometimes you need to encourage or boost the moral of your teammates while smashing that of your opponents... It's all mind games.
            An 80 yard TD pass won't do these things?

ACK!
            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Not if you go "Ah, whatever..." after it. Jump up and down, grab your teammates ass, it's part of the fun! Get excited!

What's the deal in that? Why is it so unclassy to be happy about accomplishments?

Perhaps this a discussion for another thread
              Monkey!!!

Comment

• It was Barry Sanders' same style of classy play that got me into football in the first place. That guy was such a stud.
                Luckily, there are still a few young players that seem to adhere to this mentality...but sadly, a lot of them look like total dumfuxs out there most of the time.

I'm still in dire need of a backup running back, but I'm happy with my team so far...everyone contributed except my kicker!!! Imagine my frustration when I heard the fake kick on the radio...
                Life and death is a grave matter;
                all things pass quickly away.
                Each of you must be completely alert;
                never neglectful, never indulgent.

Comment

• The fake kick was lame, you don't do that in the first quarter!
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

• See... Sapp & Keyshawn are the exception, not the rule.

No, they are the rule on that team . The exceptions are Jurivicus and Brad Johnson.

Anyway the game probably would have been better if the Eagles could CATCH A FREAKING BALL THAT HIT 'EM IN THE HANDS. I've never seen such a horrible display by 'pro' recievers. How do you drop such an easy toss that even Sloww could have caught () in the end zone on 4th and 1?

--

Anyway, teams that looked better than predicted:

Pittsburgh (WOW... they killed a great D in Baltimore)
                    San Francisco (Looks like loosing Mooch won't be that bad )
                    Seattle (Great performance on both sides)
                    Minnesota (Imagine if Moss played hard on EVERY play )
                    Buffalo (Amazing performance)

Teams that looked worse than predicted:

Miami (obviously... what a joke)
                    New England (well now, letting Milloy go seemed to be a bad idea, didn't it)
                    Green Bay (Oy!)
                    New Orleans (Do they even care anymore?)

Just missing out on the later list was St. Louis, only because Bulger might make them just as good as predicted.

Fearless predictions (based on week 1)!

AFC Championship:

Buffalo at Pittsburgh

NFC Champtionship:

Tampa Bay at San Francisco (or maybe Seattle)
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• San Francisco (Looks like loosing Mooch won't be that bad )
                      Even though I am a Niner fan, I wouldn't jump to conclusions so fast... It was the Bears! This weekend will be their true test, especially if Warner doesn't play, and I am hoping he does.

Minnesota (Imagine if Moss played hard on EVERY play )
                      For some reason Minnesota has Favre's number. They beat 'em last year, when Favre was playing like crap, and so what they did it again... I'd wait on them to.

Buffalo (Amazing performance)
                      Three Words: I Love Blodesoe... Can't believe the Pats ditched him, only to have him come back and tromp all over them

Miami (obviously... what a joke)
                      No idea what happened. Yeah, Texans!

Green Bay (Oy!)
                      Definite ouch... Why the replace almost their entire O-line is beyond me.

To leave the Rams out is weak... Without the receivers they use to have theya re going to be bad. Warner out within at least the next two weeks, with Bulger in it will all come down on Faulk, who was hurt last year too. If Faulk goes out? Canidate is gone...

However, I must agree with your predictions... Niners or Seattle? Might it come down to the last game on Dec. 27th?
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

• Even though I am a Niner fan, I wouldn't jump to conclusions so fast... It was the Bears!

Well, people were saying hiring Erickson was a bad move, etc., etc. This game, even though it WAS against the Bears showed that San Fran is just fine on offense without Mooch.

For some reason Minnesota has Favre's number.

I was mostly talking about how good Culpepper and Moss looked. Moe Williams ran the ball efficiently as well.

To leave the Rams out is weak... Without the receivers they use to have theya re going to be bad. Warner out within at least the next two weeks, with Bulger in it will all come down on Faulk, who was hurt last year too. If Faulk goes out?

No, I don't think it is weak. Why? Because the team may respond to Bulger as it did last year (6 straight wins). With Bulger in there is no way it'll all come down to Faulk ... Bulger was a great QB last year and with Warner looking very messed up, he can easily turn the team around.

AND, besides, even though they sucked, they didn't look that much worse than predicted (I've seen them be predicted all over the place).
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• The exceptions are Jurivicus and Brad Johnson.
                          Good god... you forgot McCardell, the entire O-line (Oben & Whittle in particular), Spires, Booger, Brooks, Quarles, and the entire secondary. Again, Sapp & Key are the exception, not the rule. Typical smack talk from someone who's biased and doesn't know better.

Even though I am a Niner fan, I wouldn't jump to conclusions so fast... It was the Bears! This weekend will be their true test, especially if Warner doesn't play, and I am hoping he does.
                          ITA - let's see San Francisco do that against a *good* team (sorry, Ming/rah, but it's the harsh truth) before we go lauding the praise on them. They really don't have a sure litmus test until they play the Bucs in Week 7 - and St. Louis & Seattle don't count yet.

Fearless predictions (based on week 1)!
                          Might as well throw mine in...

AFC: Buffalo v. Tennessee
                          NFC: Tampa Bay v. N.Y. Giants
                          CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
                          Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
                          Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
                          Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

• I have to agree with reismark, Sapp and Keyshawn are the exceptions not Jurivicius and Brad Johnson.

ACK!
                            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• the entire O-line

Yeah, because O-lines are really braggarts .

the entire secondary

One word: Lynch.

And Brooks . He was a trash talker when he was at FSU and in the pros before the Bucs, and he's still the same way.

let's see San Francisco do that against a *good* team (sorry, Ming/rah, but it's the harsh truth) before we go lauding the praise on them. They really don't have a sure litmus test until they play the Bucs in Week 7

If they are 4-2 or 5-1 by Week 7 don't you think that qualifies as a 'good' team .

Comment

• Keenan Mccardell is from UNLV, so I'm a fan of his. He's not a superstar receiver, but he catches the ball when it counts.

As for San Fransisco. Well, they still have their offense intact. Why wouldn't they be good? Their defense still might be questionable this year. But their defense is by no means horrible. It'll be the same as last year's I suppose. They will make the playoffs. I just don't see them making the superbowl.

NFC championship game prediction. Tampa Bay vs San Fransisco

AFC championship game prediction. Kansas city vs. Tennessee. Buffalo looked pretty good, but I think Tennesee will pull off another music city miracle against them in a divisional playoff game.

Comment

Working...
                                X