X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sir Ralph

Fine. Yours?

In car theft they already are.
    We are #1 cous, and Poland needs to start somewhere, hope they have better class then to steal Volkswagons.
    Lets always remember the passangers on United Flight 93, true heroes in every sense of the word!

(Quick! Someone! Anyone! Sava! Come help! )-mrmitchell

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ralph

Oh please, do it. Do it now! No need to hesitate. Pull them out, quick! We'll applaud. Good riddance!
      Be careful what you wish for! There is a small island off the coast of Puerto Rico (Vieques) that the local people decided that The US Military should stop Practing Bombing runs. USN decides to possibly shut down Roosevelt Roads & NOW the Politicians from PR are crying because of the loss of Money from the US Govt. I am positive that there are more US servicemen/women in Germany & the Economic impact of the US Military leaving will hurt alot more $$$$$$

Comment

Originally posted by Defiant

Yea, we are not doing that great and we are still #1.
        If, you're #1, why don't you pay for this alone?
        So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
        Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

As has been said, if 1441 was the definitive Resolution, then the hunt for a second one was useless,a nd all the anger at France for blocking a second one absurd (thought interestingly the same type of people who point to 1441 blame France for there eign no second one...how hypocrytical?). BUt the fact is that 1441, even if calling for seriius consequences, does not spell them out, and NO, a phrase saying "serious consequence" does not equal war. There are many possible serious consequences, of which invasion and regime change is only the MOST serious. Given the state of what was found in Iraq vis a vi WMD, it is difficult to see how that would justify the MOST serious consequence possible. Oh, and the "cease-fire" excuse is just that, an excuse.

On this issue: essentially the US needs not only troops, but money, lots and lots of money. The same states that will give troops are not necessarily the same that will give money, but the S will most certainly go to Japan and the EU with an outstreched hand, and German and French oposition in Europe could be very expensive. For the life of me I can;t see why denying a French company some few billion dollars in Iraq in contracts would be worth more to us that say, getting a few billion dollars of French taxmoney, instead of US tax money, to pay for something in Iraq.
          If you don't like reality, change it! me
          "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
          "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
          "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

We are #1 cous, and Poland needs to start somewhere, hope they have better class then to steal Volkswagons.
            We hoped so too, but got disappointed. May be they steal Chryslers in the future, if Daimler doesn't flatten that drag.

Comment

Pull troops out of everywhere and screw them more ways than one.
              Politically and economically.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand

Now? Screw them, now.
                Well, don't beg for help then...
                "An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind" - Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by CorpusScorpius

Be careful what you wish for! There is a small island off the coast of Puerto Rico (Vieques) that the local people decided that The US Military should stop Practing Bombing runs. USN decides to possibly shut down Roosevelt Roads & NOW the Politicians from PR are crying because of the loss of Money from the US Govt. I am positive that there are more US servicemen/women in Germany & the Economic impact of the US Military leaving will hurt alot more $$$$$$
                  But germany is a nation of 80 milion people with a 2 trillion dollar economy. The economic impact would be at worst localized to a few towns that dependedn on the bases (like here in the US), but it won;t do mcuh long etrm damage to the economy. The exit of US troops from Panama did not bring about the same level of economic hurt that people had predicted, and that was 25,000k for a nation of 2.8 million.

Comment

Originally posted by Chemical Ollie

If, you're #1, why don't you pay for this alone?
                    I do and recoup the costs of the war from Iraqi oil. And the way it is looking the US will burden the costs, so be it, we will succeed, we always do.
                    Lets always remember the passangers on United Flight 93, true heroes in every sense of the word!

Comment

So?

The USA had roughly 500,000 there. Over 80% of them were already gone in the early and mid 90's. It can't hurt more if these measly 70,000 get pulled out.

Ami go home!

Comment

This is such BS. Naturally a small island could prosper from getting a lot of foreign troops, but not a 80 million nation like Germany. Those troops contribute like a fart in cosmos, especially as they bring most of the goods they consume from US. Hey, they even drive around in cars with American licence plates - what's wrong with Mercedes and BMWs?
                        So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                        Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

I do and recoup the costs of the war from Iraqi oil. And the way it is looking the US will burden the costs, so be it, we will succeed, we always do.
                          just one problem...that money is Iraqi money. There will be NO recouping a few hundread billion dollars that we will spend on this venture.

Comment

Vieques is suppose to be an awesome tourist destination now!
                            Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GePap

But germany is a nation of 80 milion people with a 2 trillion dollar economy. The economic impact would be at worst localized to a few towns that dependedn on the bases (like here in the US), but it won;t do mcuh long etrm damage to the economy. The exit of US troops from Panama did not bring about the same level of economic hurt that people had predicted, and that was 25,000k for a nation of 2.8 million.
                              Remeber GePap, a good portion of the 2 trillion economy is US trade not just the servicemen, so Sloww is right, the political could be damaging and transform into long term economic blow.

Comment

Didn't you say the oil belongs to the Iraqi people?

Comment

Working...
                                X