Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Johnny Depp says America is a "stupid puppy"!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mindseye
    Johnny Depp ...those cheekbones!

Best looking in Sleepy Hollow.

I think the wrong character was headless in that movie.

Besides Christina Ricci made the movie what it was.
    Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Your nuts! If anyone should of been headless it's Chritina Ricci; she freaks me out!

Nick of Time
      Sissorhands
      What's Eating Gilber Grape
      Benny and June

and, didn't he play one of the Batmans
      Monkey!!!

Comment

There was someone besides Johnny Depp in that movie? I didn't notice anyone!
        Last edited by mindseye; September 3, 2003, 13:20.
        Official Homepage of the HiRes Graphics Patch for Civ2

Comment

I don;t get why people get angry at celebreties when they speak about something other than stardom or their field of work: Why should anyone care either way?

In general, movie starts are no smarter, and no dumber than anyone else: being famous (which is something the public bestows on one) doesn;t make anyone dumber or less deserving of an opinion..it also does not make their opinions more important or sgnificant. So as far as I see, people are being stupid about this both by caring about what he says more than, say, joe Bob who calls talk radio and thinks his opinion is worth sh1t, and by denouncing hioms for doing what countless people do on talk radio every single day (I don;t hear anyone here denounce people for calling in with their opinions).
          If you don't like reality, change it! me
          "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
          "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
          "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
            Nick of Time
            Sissorhands
            What's Eating Gilber Grape
            Benny and June
            Don't forget:
            Dead Man
            Ed Wood

Comment

Originally posted by Japher

Your nuts! If anyone should of been headless it's Chritina Ricci; she freaks me out!

I like my chicks a little on the freaky side. Me and her could have long wild night with a little support from the prop department.

and, didn't he play one of the Batmans
              If he had, they would have been even worse than they were.

Originally posted by Japher There was someone else in that movie!

you didn't see the headless guy

Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Man, with Ahnold running in Cali (to take a job formerly held by another actor -- Mr. Reagan), I'd have thought the Republicans would have dropped the "we shouldn't have to listen to dumb celebrities' -- they don't know ANYTHING about how to run the world!" shtick by now.

Guess not.
                the good reverend

Comment

Originally posted by rev
                  Man, with Ahnold running in Cali (to take a job formerly held by another actor -- Mr. Reagan), I'd have thought the Republicans would have dropped the "we shouldn't have to listen to dumb celebrities' -- they don't know ANYTHING about how to run the world!" shtick by now.

Guess not.

you kind of want them to talk if they are asking you to vote for them.

Comment

dp

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I do give him some credit for not being like Richard Grieco
                        after 21 Jump Street.

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
                          I don;t get why people get angry at celebreties when they speak about something other than stardom or their field of work: Why should anyone care either way?
                          I would agree that people shouldn't care

But what I really don't get is why any media would actually broadcast these celebreties views in the first place. It really lowers their credibility as a viable news source
                          Keep on Civin'
                          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Ming

I would agree that people shouldn't care

But what I really don't get is why any media would actually broadcast these celebreties views in the first place. It really lowers their credibility as a viable news source
                            Yeah, that's usually my first reaction: "why is this news?"

-Arrian
                            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

In other related entertainment news, Barbra Streisand — apparently according to her Web site — is crusading to unite the Jews and blacks against the malevolent evil known as Dubya, the one who will bring night to an otherwise gloriously bright, innocent world!

Gatekeeper
                              "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

And this is new how?

It is a nice simple cycle: the media decides to tell us about soemone for some reason (like, being an OK actor). Now, knowing that people preffer to hear about something again, as opposed to something new, they keep talking over and over about the same individuals, to such an extent that they give the aura of importance to someone, so much so that now they feel they have to tell us about them, cause it is "newsworthy".

Its like in edit California..the 'news' only covers the "viable" candidates,: who is "viable"? Those that are already famous or connected enough to draw the attention of the media. Now, the media could turn others into viable candidate just by talking about them, and thus making them famous, but again, since its better to stick to what we already know, no chance.
                                Last edited by GePap; September 3, 2003, 14:14.
                                If you don't like reality, change it! me
                                "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                                "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                                "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Working...
                                X