Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Johnny Depp says America is a "stupid puppy"!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Japher

Isn't that special
    Check my new thread, "If a country were an animal, which would it be?"

Thanks for the inspiration!

Added by Ming... don't bother checking it
    Last edited by Ming; September 3, 2003, 12:06.
    'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
    G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

Anyone that marries Vanessa Paradis must be right!

Celebs have the right to say whatever they want, just like everyone else. The problem imho is all the ****ers that give it a lot of attention.

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
        ok, so Americans are stupid wolves... who cares?
        Maybe the Sheep?
        Or the Sheep-Dog who guards the Herd
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Celebs love to run their mouths about things they no nothing about. In fact the less they know the happier they are.

Besides, if we're so stupid then why does the US produce the most patients of any country each year and the most new inventions? We also tend to have some of the best business leaders who take advantage of market opportunities before other countries do the same. But all that doesn't matter because a second rate actor has spoken.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Besides, if we're so stupid then why does the US produce the most patients of any country each year
            Because of guns? Maybe you mean patents. It must be hard for a country when outsiders with limitied grasp of the lingo has to point out the errors of its citizens.

Comment

The only lines we want to hear celebertys speak are those written by someone else. Their personal insights matter to me about as much as their bowel movments. In most cases the later produces far more substance than the former.
              Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Why do people care what actors say about politics? Unless said actor/actress actually runs for office, like Arnold, who is apparently going with the "say little" strategy, it's just another slob offering up their opinion.

-Arrian
                grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Ming

Hmmmm... from an American who can't even spell Americans
                  Thus proving my own point!
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

But all that doesn't matter because a second rate actor has spoken.
                    Hey, he's actually a pretty good actor!
                    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

I think Johnny Depp is an excellent actor, but his political career is shot, oh no!!!
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DanS

Hey, he's actually a pretty good actor!
                        What performances have I missed
                        Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Ronald Reagan tried to join the Communist Party in the 1930s. Didn't hurt his political career, did it.
                          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I think I'll go with the experts on this one not some quack actor who knows as much about foreign affairs as my cat!

Celebs love to run their mouths about things they no nothing about. In fact the less they know the happier they are.

But all that doesn't matter because a second rate actor has spoken.

What actor are you talking about? Arnold Schwarzeneggar? Ronald Reagan?
                            Official Homepage of the HiRes Graphics Patch for Civ2

Comment

He was good in Pirates of the Carribean, where it appears he essentially played himself: a funny nutcase with lots of luck.

-Arrian
                              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Johnny Depp ...those cheekbones!

Best looking in Sleepy Hollow.
                                Official Homepage of the HiRes Graphics Patch for Civ2

Comment

Working...
                                X