Non-Alien Aliens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-Alien Aliens

This actually got me thinking...if an extra-terrestrial were born in the United States, would it be a citizen?

Does it make a difference if it's "in the open" but hides the fact that it isn't human?

Does it make a difference if it just hides, period?

Can it even be called an extra-terrestrial or alien?
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

One would presume this was not a question which troubled the Framers...

No, they wouldn't be, any more than a horse or cat, because "person" is defined as a human being in US legal practice.
    When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Now that's just sad.

Wold they have any standing under the law?

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat
        No, they wouldn't be, any more than a horse or cat, because "person" is defined as a human being in US legal practice.
        That didn't stop a tentacle from becoming president in the game Day of the Tentacle. Obviously one of you are wrong - who am I to believe. A mere mod on some strange website, or an actual computer game?
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat
          One would presume this was not a question which troubled the Framers...

"person" is not strictly defined as human. and i'm sure if our benevolent alien overlords saw fit to live amoung us, we would rewrite the law (and most major religions) for them.
          "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
          - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Re: Non-Alien Aliens

Originally posted by The Mad Monk
            This actually got me thinking...if an extra-terrestrial were born in the United States, would it be a citizen?
            Depends how big his laser blasters are
            Blah

Comment

Re: Non-Alien Aliens

Does it make a difference if it's "in the open" but hides the fact that it isn't human?

Does it make a difference if it just hides, period?

Can it even be called an extra-terrestrial or alien?
              Being Non-Human in the UA would be the best way to get you into a Lab (as Laboratory Alien).
              Some Scientist or Military Person would claim, that Human Rights only apply to humans and then abuse your Body for medical Experiments.

Just like it happened to the others in Roswell and other Places

They´d never be Citizens of the USA (at least not until the Scientists have performed all Experiments they want onto the Species, or open diplomatic Contact is established with the Earth and the Planet where these Aliens come from)
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

THE TROOTH IS OUT THERE!!!!
                -30-

Comment

Wow. I thought I was the only one around here who read El Goonish Shive (well, it's more like that I never thought the possibility of other people here reading it)... 'tis a wonderful comic.
                  This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

I found it this weekend.

Comment

Wold they have any standing under the law?
                      I don't think there's many regulations for lab animals.
                      Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

If we encountered aliens and some of them had chosen to live with us (or we changed the intelligence level of dolphins or chimps and gave them our extelligence as well) then i'm pretty sure that laws would be changed in order for them to become fully legal citizens.
                        19th Century Liberal, 21st Century European

Comment

Originally posted by el freako
                          If we encountered aliens and some of them had chosen to live with us (or we changed the intelligence level of dolphins or chimps and gave them our extelligence as well) then i'm pretty sure that laws would be changed in order for them to become fully legal citizens.
                          Only, if they aren´t needed as Lab Animals
                          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

extelligence?
                            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

In 1550, the controversy of Valladolid was held to decide whether Indians were human beings.
                              Statistical anomaly.
                              The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

Working...
                              X