"Conservatives only use hate & fear while Liberals use logic & reason."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Conservatives only use hate & fear while Liberals use logic & reason."

In one of Boddington's recent threads Tinkai contended that no soldier was ever spit on, harrased, or attacked by any by any anti-war protester during the Vietnam period. I called BS and sighted several cases of where these vary things did occur and asked Tinkai what he was basing his claims upon.

so any ways as evidience I was given a book written by a left wing ideology named Jerry Lembcke in which Mr. Lembcke made claims such as that liberals always use reason & logic while conservatives only use fear & hate to arrive at their point of view. Naturally, I felt that anyone who'd write things such as this is too politically driven to be trusted to make an objective piece of historical review. Elijah however has said he can prove that liberals only use logic and reason where as conservatives only use fear and hate to arrive at their mutual view points. Elijah then claimed that he just didn't want to spam up the other thread.

Ok, Elijah. Here's your chance. We have a thread just for you so you can prove your contention that liberals only use logic and reason to arrive at their political stances where as all conservatives only use hate and fear to arrive at there points. So back it up... unless of course you were talking out of your ass again.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

This should be entertaining, so I'll do you the favor of editing the title to keep it within the rules, rather than deleting it.
    When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Not all conservatives use hate and fear, it is only populists that do, hence Ashcroft's attack on our liberties.

Comment

Originally posted by Odin
          Not all conservatives use hate and fear, it is only populists that do, hence Ashcroft's attack on our liberties.
          I disagree but I respect that you are atleast honest enough to say that not everyone uses hate and fear. Thank you Odin.

Comment

Oerdin, I support your position. It was a sweeping generalization that should never have been made.
            However, starting a thread for the sole purpose of a petty vendetta is stupid and makes you look like an ass.

This thread needs to be closed.
            Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
            Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat
              This should be entertaining
              Maybe... but if it turns into another liberal vs conservative flame war... Some people will get restricted and the thread will be deleted...
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Please don't turn it into a flame war. I don't want a flame war but I do want to give Elijah the chance to back up what he said.

Comment

liberals and conservatives both use logic, reason, fear, and hatred. it's nothing new.

you have idiots on both sides, extremists on both sides, who bring nothing but evil under a guise of progress or morality.

maybe if the hatemongers and the terrorizers, those who like coulter, moore, and savage bring nothing but noxious vitriol would shut the hell up, and let those who used logic form the discussion, america wouldn't be in such a fix.

but gee, i guess us sane middle of the roaders just masochists who like getting sore sitting on the fence.
                  B♭3

Comment

It's not a liberal/conservative divide, it's an orthodox/progressive divide.

Those who take moral authority from a religion or other unchanging authority don't base their position upon logic in the first place, and thus don't rely on logic as a tool to defend their beliefs. Their views, while in many cases just as valid, don't originate from a logical though process, but from (say) the bible, which they trust instinctively. Most of these people also tend to be Conservative, but not all; Marxists fall into this category.

Those who believe that moral authority originates from humanity and society, on the other hand, have viewpoints based entirely upon logic, and thus have no trouble defending their beliefs logically. Though these people can be either Conservative or Liberal, they are almost entirely secular; thus, this category includes most Liberals but only some Conservatives.
                    I refute it thus!
                    "Destiny! Destiny! No escaping that for me!"

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar

Oerdin, I support your position. It was a sweeping generalization that should never have been made.
                      However, starting a thread for the sole purpose of a petty vendetta is stupid and makes you look like an ass.

This thread needs to be closed.

I don't see this thread as being part of a vendetta. I see it as an opportunity for some people on here to put up or shut up. Since Ming and MTG are watching, I'll refrain from saying who those people are though Seriously though, only those lacking facts should have reason to start a flame war.
                      Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed
                        liberals and conservatives both use logic, reason, fear, and hatred. it's nothing new.

you have idiots on both sides, extremists on both sides, who bring nothing but evil under a guise of progress or morality.

maybe if the hatemongers and the terrorizers, those who like coulter, moore, and savage bring nothing but noxious vitriol would shut the hell up, and let those who used logic form the discussion, america wouldn't be in such a fix.
                        Exactly my point, Q.

Goingonit, Communism dosn't = Marxism, Marxism is a subset of Communism. I am a Communist, but I think the rise of social democracy has made some of Marx's ideas not relavent in today's world. I wish to expand the communist cause by educating people, not spilling blood.

Comment

I said and meant Marxism; i.e. a political doctorine based on the writings of Karl Marx. Most Communists attempt to adapt themselves to the situations at hand; thus, they don't fit my first description.
                          I refute it thus!
                          "Destiny! Destiny! No escaping that for me!"

Comment

odin, sorry, but... marxism is hardly centrist. communism is hardly moderate.

now, if you meant by calm and reasonable discussion using logic... then by all means, go ahead.
                            B♭3

Comment

Both sides have extremists. However, it's a terrible generalisation to say that one side has only extremists and the other side doesn't.

Although it probably has a good reason, I tend to find more "liberals hate America" conservatives than I do "conservatives hate America" liberals (though Elijah seems an example of the latter )
                              meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Working...
                              X