Culture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"This phenomenon indicates that Islam is truly a religion from God."

Crack cocaine attracts new converts by the thousands too, are we to consider cocaine a gift from god? Yes, because it wouldn't exist unless god had made it.

To say that Islam is truly a religion from god is to imply that other religions are not. Which is, of course, ridiculous.

p.s. Eblis rocks my world.
    "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
    Drake Tungsten
    "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
    Albert Speer

Comment

Now whose DL do you suppose this is?
      Visit First Cultural Industries
      There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
      Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

ok, who's up for running the book on whose DL this is?
        "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

First Name -rina
          Last Name rod

That's all his/her profile gives us. It might be a clue, however...

meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Originally posted by rina
            This phenomenon indicates that Islam is truly a religion from God. It is unreasonable to think that so many American converted to Islam without careful consideration and deep contemplation before concluding that Islam is true. 
            DL!

Look you brain damaged DL. Time had an excellent article after 9/11 about "The face of Islam in America" the main conclusion was that 90% of the population growth in Islam is from immigration. Now take your DL troll and shove it.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Makeo
              muslim not equal pyscho terrorist
              You are of course right. Sometimes though the poverty and lack of education in the Muslim world makes it seem other wise. We must remember that the psychos and murdering fundamentalists are only a small, but constantly present, part of the Muslim community.

Comment

Diell, Makeo.
                www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Re: Culture

Originally posted by rina
                  Although religion is no longer dominates everyday life in Western society, Islam becomes the fastest-growing religion in America and in the world?
                  So one form of ignorance is growing faster than other forms. Big deal ...
                  - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
                  - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
                  - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

Islam spreads rapidly for several reasons, but the most important is high birth rate. Another one is that today, in Christian countries, one can choose the religion they like, and most of people won't dare to criticise them, for political correctness. Muslim countries aren't on the same level of religious freedom, not even Turkey.

Is Islam religion of peace? I doubt it. Not for New York even.
                    But because of Muhammad himself. He was the one to praise in the name of God the massacre commited on Jews in Madina. Of entire Jewish tribe, only some two people were left alive... Even if they did betray him, which isn't at all sure, did they deserve their fate? Also, Muhammad used to use the euthority of God for his personal goals, as when "God" cleared A'isha (who he married when she was 7 in fact) of charges against her, or when He ordered his (Muhammad's) adopted son to leave his wife (Zaynab), so that Muhammad could marry her himself.
                    I am a sinner, a great sinner, and I do know that. But I do not claim I am a prophet. And Muhammad?

To say that Islam is truly a religion from god is to imply that other religions are not. Which is, of course, ridiculous.
                    Not at all, in fact.

We denounce the killing of innocent civilians in the United States, just as we have patiently for many years denounced the killing of innocent civilians in Bosnia, Chechnya, Kashmir, Palestine, India and other countries.
                    This is silly

The closer we examine this development the more extraordinary does it appear. The other great religions won
                    their way slowly, by painful struggle and finally triumphed with the aid of powerful monarchs converted to the
                    new faith. Christianity had its Constantine, Buddhism its Asoka, and Zoroastrianism its Cyrus, each lending to
                    his chosen cult the mighty force of secular authority. Not so Islam. Arising in a desert land sparsely inhabited
                    by a nomad race previously undistinguished in human...
                    (from the link)
                    This is, in fact, a reason for me not to believe in "Islam";
                    while Jesus can't be blamed for the mistakes implanted in his religion, Muhammad can.
                    And when it comes to the "Miraculous spreading" of the islam, the fact is that it spread, unlike early Christianity,
                    by the sword. If not the conquests of Umar and Umayyads, Islam would probably never leave Arabian penisula. Under its own state, Islam had good conditions to grow. Chirstianity, however, had to struggle, and it defeated and "conquered" not by sword, but by the force of the Word itself, the lands of the greatest philosophs,
                    and the greatest empire in the word. IT is astounding,
                    not simple military victories and luring people to the religion by material profits later on.
                    "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                    I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                    Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by Heresson
                      Is Islam religion of peace? I doubt it. Not for New York even.
                      But because of Muhammad himself. He was the one to praise in the name of God the massacre commited on Jews in Madina. Of entire Jewish tribe, only some two people were left alive... Even if they did betray him, which isn't at all sure, did they deserve their fate? Also, Muhammad used to use the euthority of God for his personal goals, as when "God" cleared A'isha (who he married when she was 7 in fact) of charges against her, or when He ordered his (Muhammad's) adopted son to leave his wife (Zaynab), so that Muhammad could marry her himself.
                      Amen, brother man. All religions are filled with hateful little bigots but Islam is worse then most.

Comment

islam is a crappy religion.

there I said it. It had to be said.

Comment

No i didn't, anymore than any bigoted statement needs to be said.
                          If you don't like reality, change it! me
                          "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                          "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                          "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin

Amen, brother man. All religions are filled with hateful little bigots but Islam is worse then most.
                            I disagree. The other religions are no less bigoted than Islam.
                            - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
                            - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
                            - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

He was the one to praise in the name of God the massacre commited on Jews in Madina. Of entire Jewish tribe, only some two people were left alive... Even if they did betray him, which isn't at all sure, did they deserve their fate?
                              There are a number of caveats of this story that anti-Moslem propaganda usually leaves out.
                              1. This story was recorded by only one chronicler of the period. Either all of the others seemed to have ignored the story or it didn't happen. In its specific details, it also is extremely similar with an earlier story (Biblical IIRC), which points towards the latter explanation. Assuming that I'm mistaken:
                              2. According to the story, Mohammed's actions in this instance were in the capacity of a man, not a prophet. In other words, they weren't divinely inspired, merely political.
                              3. Only one Jewish tribe tribe (which as you mentioned renegged on their agreement, and betrayed their fellow Medinians to the Meccan invaders) was targetted, and only the men were killed (the women and children were enslaved).
                              "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                              -Bokonon

Comment

This is going to be Comrade Tassadar's DL, just a hunch though.

ACK!
                                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Working...
                                X