No announcement yet.

College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last year, they didn't miss him too much, IIRC. That said, it would have been a better game to watch with Clarett. He's got head issues, but man is he enjoyable to watch. A beautiful runner.
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

They definetly could win... I don't see a rout by any side in that game.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

Yes, I'm sure the Oakland Raiders would love to see that .

He was a senior last year, IIRC .
        Oh your right! I forgot he lost a year with the injury situation. OOPS!
        "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Last year, they didn't miss him too much, IIRC.

True... but the team is better with him. Even if they can still win without, they will still miss him a little bit.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Time for the VOLS. Later!
            "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Hehe... Georgia is cleaning Clemson's clock. I'm watching Wis/WVU instead, which looks much better .

Comment

And Georgia was only a 2 1/2 point favorite... They are on a roll.
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Did anyone else notice that The Illinois-Mizzou game only had false start penalties called? I saw about 3 blatant penalties on Mizou's last TD drive

Comment

I was pissed at the officiating in that game... but I will say they were consistent for both teams. The didn't bother to call any balant pass interference calls, especially on that last drive... what can you do. Not a good start for the Illini.
                    Keep on Civin'

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                      I was pissed at the officiating in that game... but I will say they were consistent for both teams. The didn't bother to call any balant pass interference calls, especially on that last drive... what can you do. Not a good start for the Illini.
                      Actually I would call it a good start for the Illini. Beutjer had a very good game, near the end of the 4th Quarter he was 31-41, and Halsey had more than a hundred yards on the ground. Our defense was solid for most of the game, those first two touchdowns came on a 3 yard drive and a 47 yard drive. And the wide receivers did pretty well considering that between the entire group of them, they only had 1 catch between them. Now if only the offensive line would stop moving...

Comment

I agree that they show promise. However, remember the last time they lost to Mizz to start the season They went on to have a horrible start...
                        Keep on Civin'

Comment

TENNESSEE 24 Fresno State 6 !!

Both the offense and defense showed signs of dominance that were blantantly missing last year. Cedric Houston and James Banks both looked like playmakers today and the defense was suprisingly strong up front.

Comment

Nebraska 17 - Oklahoma State 7

Too bad I didn't get to see it...
                            KH FOR OWNER!
                            ASHER FOR CEO!!
                            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Forgive my ignorance, being British we dont exactly follow this.

Is college "football" a professional sport?
                              "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                              "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Originally posted by elijah
                                Forgive my ignorance, being British we dont exactly follow this.

Is college "football" a professional sport?
                                It is American football played by teams fielded by universities. They are usually divided into groups called conferences and compete for their conference championship. The best teams are voted on weekly by sportswriters and coaches in the pusuit of a National Championship. Very old rivalries between the universities make it an extremely emotional and therefore sometimes unpredictable sport. Nothing better.

Comment

Working...
                                X