Teen arrested in Blaster virus case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Odin
    Mad Monk accused me as the hacker in another thread. I don't even know computer code, genius.
    Actually I was calling you fat and ugly, but that's okay.

(that's the "hacker")
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph
      Parole.
      I think my interpretation's better.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk

Actually I was calling you fat and ugly, but that's okay.
        I'm over-weight, but he looks like he weighs 300 lbs.

Comment

Is that Uber??? j/k
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Synctomi

I do some consulting for them. I'm helping them write up some patent applications.
            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

pchang impressive company and hey MS obviously can not do it. Big bucks stick with it, that's exactly what I am doing....
              “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
              Or do we?

Comment

getting old

When you get married and have a kid, you've got to stop living on the edge. Turn your powers toward good instead of evil.
                “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

Comment

Heh learn evil to combat evil, Seimens in Ontario is having a competition this weekend... Crack thier new security and win $15,000 free t3 internet for life and a 120 gig server for life.....

Turning to evil half these evil's will get jobs, kids unknown....
                  “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
                  Or do we?

Comment

cracking competitions

Those cracking competitions represent unrealistic scenarios. People don't bust throught the firewall because the firewall is weak. People bust through because the server app behind the firewall is weak or they find a way to go around the firewall completely. These contests are just for the publicity. They have no relation to real life use.

Comment

What ever happened to the constitutional right to destroy or damage other people's electronic property?
                      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Let's throw them out of helicopters
                        Visit First Cultural Industries
                        There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                        Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Nah. Let's throw them into helicopters.

Comment

--"I do some consulting for them. I'm helping them write up some patent applications."

Maybe you can recommend they hire someone to help write up their web pages, then. Their technology may or may not be good, but with the kind of language they're using to pimp it I'd never bother actually getting a sample to find out.

Now, I think what they're selling is just a proxy server. No big deal, one way or another. But they try to make it sound like they've found the Holy Grail of network security (it already exists; it's called "wire cutters"). What they're doing isn't really new (Symantec's Raptor firewall, as an example, has been around quite a while). Their main selling point doesn't sound much (if any) different from IEEE 802.1x.

They also don't seem familiar with the concept of VLANs...

Wraith
                            Looking for love on all the wrong planets

Comment

I say shoot them all. i had to reinstall my xp coz of the msblast.

Comment

Marketing Hype

Yes. All Marketing Hype starts to sound alike after a while. But, the reality is that the technology is different from existing firewalls and VLANs. However, it doesn't do anything that you could not currently do with a combination of other products and the proper configuration. It just does it with one box which makes it easier (in many cases cheaper too), especially if you need to beef up an existing network.

Comment

Working...
                                X