Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Becoming a strategy game reveiwer

Hi,

We need reviewers for our site www.strategyinformer.com (Im sorry if its not allowed to post URLs).

So we need people older then 20 years to write for our site. Our site deals mainly & only with PC strategy games.

As a reviewer you would get all free strategy games for reviewing. And you wont be payed.

If this interests you and if you think you can write about strategy games email me at magpie@strategyinformer.com

Moderators I hope you dont mind me posting this message. We really need to find some decent people for the job and this seems like a good place for it.

Looking forward on hearing from you.

Magpie
    Site Director

Alright, Magpie, I'll bite. This sounds too good to be true. What's the catch?

Comment

TBS, RTS, or both?

-Arrian
      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Narf!
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Re: Becoming a strategy game reveiwer

Originally posted by Magpie7787
          Moderators I hope you dont mind me posting this message. We really need to find some decent people for the job and this seems like a good place for it.
          We have no problem with people creating a "single" thread to support another gaming site. Just don't be posting this in more forums.
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Older than 20? Damn. Only one off.
            "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
            Drake Tungsten
            "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
            Albert Speer

Comment

What are they going to do, check your license?

Tell'em you're twenty. By the time they find out you'll be twenty anyways.
              Last edited by Harry Seldon; August 28, 2003, 14:29.

Comment

If its RTS, me and my friend are 22 and 21. My friend is korean and he is pretty well known nationally for his ability to play in that genre.
                :-p

Comment

Hi everybody,

First theres really no catch. We need to have up-to-date articles on our site. And Game Developers send us games cause its almost a free advertisement for them. Works both ways. We have currently 3 reviewers and theres too many games for them to cover. So I wanted to find 2 more.

So the deal is: you get the game and have 2 weeks to review it. You can keep the games of course. All I care is that I get a good review. Thats it. Means much to us, to you and to Game Developers in the end so its just how it is. As I said you wont be paid for your work. You will only get the games. Which is far enough for most of the people.

I will first want to read some of your articles. If you wrote any.

Harry Seldon please email me to magpie@strategyinformer.com.

Trust me this isnt as easy as it looks as not everybody can write.

> Moderators thank you. I appreciate it.

As for years. From my experience people under 20 years arent good writers. Of course its not a strict rule. Just my experience so far.

Zero we need people who know english good. If you and your friend do know it please email me as well and well go from there.

Thank you all!

Comment

Know English WELL.

Sorry, I don't normally correct people on an internet forum, but when you're asking for people with good English writing skills...

Anyway, are the games RTS, TBS, or both?

-Arrian
                    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Put some Union Greenbacks in the equation and I am game.
                      Lets always remember the passangers on United Flight 93, true heroes in every sense of the word!

(Quick! Someone! Anyone! Sava! Come help! )-mrmitchell

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
                        Know English WELL.

Sorry, I don't normally correct people on an internet forum, but when you're asking for people with good English writing skills...

Anyway, are the games RTS, TBS, or both?

-Arrian
                        I knew that Arrian. I was going to say it next.
                        Lets always remember the passangers on United Flight 93, true heroes in every sense of the word!

(Quick! Someone! Anyone! Sava! Come help! )-mrmitchell

Comment

Yup, I bet KH could rip that post to shreds..
                          Monkey!!!

Comment

I never said I knew "english good". Did I? If I knew, I would be writting reviews myself as well.

Sorry about my grammar.

Comment

in civ3 you have:

Played In:

Real Time

anyway, i have no reviews that i have written. any other way to prove my writing skill?
                              "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                              - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Working...
                              X