No announcement yet.

I have a new phone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I much prefer flipphones to ones like Nokia's styling.

The size tends to be smaller when folded up, and when unfolded allows for a larger display that can fit more information, and the calls sound clearer since the mic is closer to the mouth, so less background noise is heard.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

BTW If anyone is thinking about getting T-Mobile (Deutche TeleCom) don't. Sure, they give you alot of minutes for the lowest price but their coverage, at least in America, blows so you often can't use those minutes. It covers the major cities and that's it. If your driving between cities or in the country side then your just SOL.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I agree with Asher. Flip phones are better, nokia's (I used to have a 3330) suck big time!! The worse thing is when they dial "999" when in your pocket . Also the battery cover kept on falling off all my old nokias. Nokias are bad. Nokias suck. Nokia's run DOS
        "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
        "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

It's hard to use the flip phones in a public place without looking like a complete tosser

Comment

But if you have a Nokia, you already look like a complete tosser

Girls and gay guys and their Nokias.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

ain't that the truth reds

i've still got a 3310, you can make and receive calls, send txts and play snake, what more do you want?
              "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

I really can't complain about my Nokia. I have had that annoying problem of it hitting autodial while in my pocket but that's rare. I really don't worry about wither or not a phone will make me look cool when I use it. I just got the best phone I could get for the cheapest price.

Comment

Reception.

Comment

Not in Europe. Nokias are by far the most popular phone. Mainly 'cause they are generally the ones you can get free when you sign up for a contract, the reception is fine here. Generally here the yuppy ****ers are the ones with the flip phones.
                    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                    We've got both kinds

Comment

I still don't see the point of text messages other then to play silly games. If I want to communicate with someone then I pick up the phone and call them; if they don't anwser well everyone has voice mail which is far better then trying to type crap on a 12 button phone pad.

Internet surfing on a phone is another lame brain idea. Who wants to see web pages on a screen the size of a postage stamp? Who wants to pay that per minute charge? I already have faster, better internet service at home and if I'm on the go there are tons of places I can plug my laptop into. Heck, there are even Wi-Fi spots all over California so I can surf the net with my lap top for about the same price as with a phone and the lap top is much better suited for the job.

Comment

Oerdin: I like text messages, because I get 100 free to send and unlimited to receive each month.

They're useful for when you have to tell somebody something, but it's not totally urgent. Or if you're in a classroom.

My SO texts me if his ETA changes (since he uses public transit), I use it to. I have it set up on my MSN account so any MSN user can send me a text message without me giving out my cellphone to everyone -- this was useful last year when trying to coordinate a bunch of my software engineering groups. I also have mine to text me if there's any storm warning issued, or if traffic on any of my given streets during the time I drive home is affected, and every time a goal is scored in a Flames game.

Regarding the internet...my provider doesn't charge per-minute for the internet on it. Actually, my contract came with a surf package which makes most sites totally free to use. And it's not the WWW type internet like this, it's usually a text-only interface.

I use mine regularly to check movie times (And reviews) when deciding what to do, do things like find bowling alleys nearby, browse local restaurants by cousine, log into MSN messenger & ICQ, and check email sometimes.

When you've got a flipphone like I do which is actually fairly high res and a real GUI with scrollbars and in full color, it's not half bad.

Comment

Flip phones is another silly idea, that's just another bit that can be broken. And it's not easy to flip it open with just one hand.
                          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Hopefully I'll be able to get all that stuff with my next free upgrade. Never paid for a phone yet, don't intend to unless the market changes.
                            Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                            Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                            We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                              And it's not easy to flip it open with just one hand.
                              see my post above before you attempt that.....

Comment

My txt messaging requires 3 buttons, the 'fancy a pint' button for send messages, and a 'yes' and a 'maybe later' buttons for when a recieve messages

Comment

Working...
                                X